Prof Tim Noakes' U-turn on Carbohydrates

Take five mins on google - you can prove yourself wrong without too much effort.

Show us the evidence.

Noakes himself admits that no trial was performed.

If you want to believe voodoo science, go right ahead.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This chat just goes back and forth........find what works for you, whatever diet it is and follow it through. You will eventually lose weight and feel better about yourself.

Nobody is telling anyone what to do. We are all free to choose. Personally I quite like what I eat.

If you are sick and tired of being overweight then try it. If not continue as you were.

Smoking TIK also makes you skinny but that does not make is a south health choice.

Do as you see fit but be aware that what Noakes is selling as a solution has not been researched or proven by him (as he freely admits).

As I have said, Noakes and Co MAY be right but there is NO science to back them up at present.

We don't go around telling people what to EAT on the basis of unproven / anecdotal evidence.

"After examining 72 academic studies involving more than 600,000 participants, the study, funded by the foundation, found that saturated fat consumption was not associated with coronary disease risk."

er, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's a f@#$ing good chance it is a duck.

"We don't go around telling people what to EAT on the basis of unproven / anecdotal evidence." - but for years we were told what to eat (high carbs) based on bad science.

I'll rather listen to the duck, thanks.

C'mon, show us some evidence.

Noakes HIMSELF ADMITS no scientific trial was conducted.

I think you should provide us some EVIDENCE or concede and PLEASE don't come here with the Atkins or Paleo or Bloodgroup diets. THanks.

Concede what? That the majority of the population are fatties on statins that will die of heart disease? Yes you are right.

Smoking TIK also makes you skinny but that does not make is a south health choice.

Do as you see fit but be aware that what Noakes is selling as a solution has not been researched or proven by him (as he freely admits).

Thanks for the warning but after consultation with my GP and cardiologist I'm happy to continue.

Where?

On twitter, where (in a spat with M&G journalist) he publicly requested funding for a TRIAL (which trial has yet to be conducted).

Concede what? That the majority of the population are fatties on statins that will die of heart disease? Yes you are right.

Evidence PLEASE. Not conjecture or ad hominem attacks.

Nonky: i'm not sure what exactly you are driving at harder: tryign to discredit Noakes, or disprove that the LCHF 'recommendation' doesn't work. your demand for scientific evidence from Noakes is moot in the face of ppl who have actually followed the recommendations and have improved their health.

So what exactly are you driving at, and why?

Here's a nice start.

http://onlinelibrary...8B132AF9.d04t04

Like I said, five mins on google and you can prove yourself wrong in as many ways as you would like.

"LCD was shown to have favourable effects on body weight and major cardiovascular risk factors; however the effects on long-term health are unknown." [my emphasis]

Ignore the risks, you're an adult and may do as you please.

Where is NOAKES' research?

Does research regarding LCHF not count if it is not done by Noakes?

Or is Noakes not allowed to rely on other peer-reviewed, scientific studies?

Have a read of Waterlogged if you want to see the value of peer-reviewed scientific studies...

"LCD was shown to have favourable effects on body weight and major cardiovascular risk factors; however the effects on long-term health are unknown." [my emphasis]

Ignore the risks, you're an adult and may do as you please.

Compared to the results of the prudent diet - that are known?

Raise in type 2 diabetes, obesity, heart attacks? You reckon that is preferable?

Edited by davetapson