Cape Epic Stage 3 : 147km, 2900m

rouxtjie

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are on the podium - just some time off the top step.

All Teams - Stage 3 (provisional) Click on team to view details Cat Position GC Position Team Name Category Stage Time Overall Time No. Rider 1 Country No. Rider 2 Country 1. 1. 36ONE-SONGO-SPECIALIZED Men 5:31.04,0 15:37.33,7 1-1 Christoph Sauser Switzerland 1-2 Burry Stander South Africa

2. 2. 360Life Men 5:31.07,1 16:01.51,4 3-1 Kevin Evans South Africa 3-2 David George South Africa

3. 3. Multivan Merida Biking Men 5:39.46,6 16:00.21,0 4-1 Hannes Genze Germany 4-2 Andreas Kugler Switzerland

4. 4. Bulls Men 5:39.48,1 16:00.20,6 12-1 Thomas Dietsch France 12-2 Tim Boehme Germany

EDIT: so table copy & pasting is crappy http://www.cape-epic...results2012.php

Agreed, the win seems out of reach, but their "race for the podium" is not yet over.

But only 5 minutes off second... That's easily within reach...

Tomorrow will be another tough day. They might be in second after tomorrows stage.

But only 5 minutes off second... That's easily within reach...

Yep, imagine them taking another 6 minutes along with Burry and Sauser tomorrow and they end up 2nd. Then bad luck strikes and one of the leading team member get ill.... then all of a sudden KE & DG are in first position.......... What are their odds to win at present. I would love to place a bet now....

if kev and king george were given the same international race experience as burry and suzie, would they be better and win this damn Epic thing

They went to worlds last year and lost out due to tyre problems. What is truly amazing is that Stander and Sauser are building up to the Olympics where the Epic has been KE and DG's primary focus for 2 years now.

Yep, imagine them taking another 6 minutes along with Burry and Sauser tomorrow and they end up 2nd. Then bad luck strikes and one of the leading team member get ill.... then all of a sudden KE & DG are in first position.......... What are their odds to win at present. I would love to place a bet now....

I'm also rooting for Nerds360 but no way would I wish any kind of bad luck on anyone in this, specially B&S... not saying s'what you're doing, but. It has become seriaaasly interesting though.

Thanks to all keeping the updates going. And here goes for tomorrow!

Well done to the Lowveld boys of Westvaal-Columbia a top ten finish, impressive!

Tarmac's Revenge

Short-Legs

Rob!

Tjopper

Tuggboat

There's a whole lot of others I know of but they are hub "readers" not really "posters" so I don't remember their hubnames

Add Gawenator to the Hubbers competing list there Tankman........and they finished 9th on the stage today!

12th GC and 3rd in Africa Team

Add Gawenator to the Hubbers competing list there Tankman........and they finished 9th on the stage today!

12th GC and 3rd in Africa Team

saw that... very impressive.

will be interesting to see tomorrow who spent too much over the last 3 days

Theresa Ralph 2nd again today, that makes it 2nd in prologue, stage1 and stage 3 so far.

Not too shabby.

Theresa Ralph 2nd again today, that makes it 2nd in prologue, stage1 and stage 3 so far.

Not too shabby.

daai aunty kan trap hoor

Dunno about Evans, but George had his opportunities with teams like US Postal...

yep, DG rode with LA at the tour for US Postal donkeys years ago and KE has ridden in 9 world champs - I think he was 7th overall at marathon WC a couple years back.

Looks like Kev's taking my advice and packing an emergency tube now

ApElHFqCQAAI7Et.jpg

Cool profile mappie there on the top tube.

Suzi probably attacked a Km or two out and left it to Burry to sit on the others's wheels.

Interesting bit I just found on KE's blog which pertains to almost exactly this situation:

Knowing Dave’s sprinting ability, or lack thereof (joke), I told him to attack with 5km to go. As he did, Max followed and Sauser and I watched them ride ahead. Its always easier sprinting one on one, and it’s the second rider over the line that counts for the stage win, so I left myself up the ‘creek’ to sprint against the World Champion, but for the record, he beat me by half a tire! (damn)

Interesting bit I just found on KE's blog which pertains to almost exactly this situation:

Knowing Dave’s sprinting ability, or lack thereof (joke), I told him to attack with 5km to go. As he did, Max followed and Sauser and I watched them ride ahead. Its always easier sprinting one on one, and it’s the second rider over the line that counts for the stage win, so I left myself up the ‘creek’ to sprint against the World Champion, but for the record, he beat me by half a tire! (damn)

Oh Ja, that's where I got my silly idea from!