Moderation and a re-look at our Community Guidelines

Matt

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit admin: why did u calm them down. let them FIGHT>> FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

I take offense to your inconsiderate use of the word *ahem*.....

It's what I chant when I am about to go over a drop-offfffffffff

Report!

I take offense to your inconsiderate use of the word *ahem*.....

It's what I chant when I am about to go over a drop-offfffffffff

Report!

You sure that's not EEEEEEEEEK! ?

That's what I shout. Well, squeal.

Here's a thought, why not just start a "Let's have at it" thread? Use the report button as soon as things look like they are getting out of hand and the mods can just move the individuals there without them derailing the original thread. Stop the blocking of individuals in PMs and if you are "stalked" just report them and they can have action taken against them.

The problem is some moderators think they are the Hub or bigger then the Hub. Attempting to attract attention to oneselve with a huge post count does not give you that privilege. Opening new threads with controversial issues in the news which they know will make some of the hubbers blood boil. What happens, spats break out and the thread gets locked. To keep on provoking people is just not cool, I would rather vote for a moderator who can provide more cycling related material or talk more with his legs instead of his mouth. Trying to sound clever with only the "fast" knowledge of the english vocabulary, a pint in the other hand and belittling people all the time.....not good moderator, enough is enough.

i must be blind cos i dont see that at all - but then i am not a confrontational person so that must be the reason. That said, mods were voted for by us not that long ago. Clearly i am missing something

i must be blind cos i dont see that at all - but then i am not a confrontational person so that must be the reason. That said, mods were voted for by us not that long ago. Clearly i am missing something

Moderaters moderate. Some people (generally the moderated) will find fault with moderation. Some people (generally the un-moderated) will not, or may not, unless it is excessively biased or repeatedly off-key.

Personally, I don't have a problem with how this site is moderated. Yes, at times I feel some decisions may be a bit too strict / lenient, but then that is the nature of the beast (so to speak)

Moderaters moderate. Some people (generally the moderated) will find fault with moderation. Some people (generally the un-moderated) will not, or may not, unless it is excessively biased or repeatedly off-key.

Personally, I don't have a problem with how this site is moderated. Yes, at times I feel some decisions may be a bit too strict / lenient, but then that is the nature of the beast (so to speak)

Can't we just all get along...?

To be moderated is questionable in it's own sense... it even sounds WRONG.... why would you want to "moderate" someone...

Do you grow up wanting to be a moderator.... maybe an admin or a manager... but someone even wanting to be a moderator is laaik those spoed-cops of the olden days... you just take one look at that OOM in his khaki's and snorrr and you know "hier kom kuk".

"I was moderated" ........ "he is moderating me".... SIES!

Edited by TheV

Here's a thought, why not just start a "Let's have at it" thread? Use the report button as soon as things look like they are getting out of hand and the mods can just move the individuals there without them derailing the original thread. Stop the blocking of individuals in PMs and if you are "stalked" just report them and they can have action taken against them.

it's called PM. Not a fan for public airing of dirty laundry. No thanks,

If the shoe fits wear it, it seems it fits, albeit tightly. To indulge in "name calling" you do have to mention a name....... unless you were christianed...

MODERATOR........... yeccccch what parents will do to poor innocent leetle children.

ADMIN....... may we know what the level of radiation is we score??? ....... or is that deemed a secret????

interesting. i think moderators are important to a successful forum - and every good one has them. On another international blog/forum i am on, a comment of mine was moderated because i recommended an application that was not in the list of "best of" discussion. The reasoning behind the moderation was that i should have participated in the discussion nominating the best of prior to that. That may be harsh, but the point is that that forum is a pleasure to participate in and yes, there is still healthy debate and opinions thrown about - but it is all above board. What it does is that it makes you really stop and think if you want an opinion heard instead of just bashing it out on the keyboard and blindly hitting send

interesting. i think moderators are important to a successful forum - and every good one has them. We all agree with this. The point is to have the correct kind of moderator.

What it does is that it makes you really stop and think if you want an opinion heard instead of just bashing it out on the keyboard and blindly hitting send

Exactly, but do you honestly think someone with an avg of 20 posts per day, is doing that ?

it's called PM. Not a fan for public airing of dirty laundry. No thanks,

The PM is what started this thing in the first place. They have at each other in public regardless (As is evident in this thread ironically) so give them their own thread to have at it.

interesting. i think moderators are important to a successful forum - and every good one has them. On another international blog/forum i am on, a comment of mine was moderated because i recommended an application that was not in the list of "best of" discussion. The reasoning behind the moderation was that i should have participated in the discussion nominating the best of prior to that. That may be harsh, but the point is that that forum is a pleasure to participate in and yes, there is still healthy debate and opinions thrown about - but it is all above board. What it does is that it makes you really stop and think if you want an opinion heard instead of just bashing it out on the keyboard and blindly hitting send

Yeah, nice post. I think moderation is essential, especially on controversial topics.

.......but at the end of the day, in my opinion, this forum is somebodies business, unlike us, the customers, they have to foot the bills at the end of the month and make sure the business runs in a steady and sustainable manner, and usually that requires the occasional tough decision, which change's the course and direction of the business.

Very often those decisions may not suit all the customers, and some may leave. That's unfortunate, but its common in every business whether its a brick and mortar shop or a virtual space like this one, BUT taking no action and hoping the problem will disappear, is a worse decision in the long term, so Yeah, decisions have to be made for the greater good, implemented and pressed forward. Thats just business.

I see nothing but a natural progression of a business model happening here, the old route appeared to be faltering and new decisions were made, I see that as a positive step by someone who has an interest in the business for the long term. As a customer I can choose to continue supporting or move off in search of other pasture's,.........personally, I see the changes as positive.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yeah, nice post. I think moderation is essential, especially on controversial topics.

.......but at the end of the day, in my opinion, this forum is somebodies business, unlike us, the customers, they have to foot the bills at the end of the month and make sure the business runs in a steady and sustainable manner, and that usually requires the occasional tough decision which change the course and direction of the business.

Very often those decisions they make may not suit all the customers, and some they may leave. That's unfortunate, but its common in every business whether its a brick and mortar shop or a virtual space like this one, BUT taking no action and hoping the problem will disappear, is worse in the long term, so Yeah, decisions have to be made for the greater good, implemented and pressed forward.

I see nothing but a natural progression of a business model happening here, the old route appeared to be faltering and new decisions were made, I see that as a positive step by someone who has an interest in the business for the long term. As a customer I can choose to continue supporting or move off in search of other pasture's,.........personally, I see the changes as positive.

Well said.