Let's have a toast to the Douche bags.

BLACKvoodoo

In the same spirit of love and peace so brilliantly shared by the OP, here is to the 7 Tolliekoppe that rode past me last Wednesday while I was standing next to the road with punctures in both the front and back wheel. Thanks for not even greeting me, let alone stopping to see if you could help. I especially appreciated the lady at the back asking one of the guys: " So what do you think is going on with him?" May your toe nails and your teeth trade places.....regularly.

Christie

May their chammies turn to sandpaper.....80 grit

post-6166-0-54079000-1335438507.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes forget I’m in the car and wave at cyclists going by. You should see the look of astonishment on their faces :). "Fatsmoker in a Prado waving at me … WTF … he’s going to drive over me at the next robot!!!"

I sometimes forget I’m in the car and wave at cyclists going by. You should see the look of astonishment on their faces :). "Fatsmoker in a Prado waving at me … WTF … he’s going to drive over me at the next robot!!!"

Very good manners of you to be so friendly before you flatten them. :lol:

I still try and greet every rider I see in Tokai, although lately the return greetings have been few and far between. Its worst just before the Epic...

Surprisingly, the use of the greeting "Fallen Tree" often seems to illicit a response from my fellow cyclists, especially when I'm going up, and they are going down...

It's proved so successful, I now greet everyone with it.

People that drives Land Rover Defenders 99.9% of the time greet other defender drivers when they go past each other. Its a nice feeling. I wonder where it came from?

It's having the same interests, if you buy a Land Rover it's purposeful you're buying it to go on an adventure somewhere remote. The guys who talk about them breaking down don't have a clue, probably just to draw the attention off the fact that they're driving their mom's Mini coopers.

let's have a toast to those douche bags

It's having the same interests, if you buy a Land Rover it's purposeful you're buying it to go on an adventure somewhere remote. The guys who talk about them breaking down don't have a clue, probably just to draw the attention off the fact that they're driving their mom's Mini coopers.

Like the Landy has always been the model of reliability? Fact is that Land Rover South Africa had the highest warranty bill per vehicle sold out of any manufacturer in SA in the pre BMW takeover days.

And no, my mother doesn't have a Mini Cooper S. She doesn't even have a Mini.

The "guys" have probably owned a landy and learnt the hard way and now have a clue.Crap trucks

I had an interesting situation the other day. Going off the M5 onto Koeberg road, there was a roadie walking with his bike, clearly he had a problem. Being a fellow cyclist, I opened my window and asked if he needed help (I had puncture kit + multitool in my car) or if he needed a lift anywhere (I have the thule roof racks). He said he was ok and that someone was picking him up. I thought about it afterwards and offering a lift was pretty stupid on my side as I don't know the guy. I am normally very saftey concious, but I thought differently just because he was a cyclist....

Well, I punctured on the Hillcrest Rd last week and ran out of bombs.

I had a 10 km walk home.

A dude in a bakkie stopped and took me to the nearest LBS after about 5mins of walking.

He saved my azzzz.

Thank you, optomometrist dude in Isuzu bakkie whose name I won't mention here.

Edited by Puncheur

Well, I punctured on the Hillcrest Rd last week and ran out of bombs.

I had a 10 km walk home.

A dude in a bakkie stopped and took me to the nearest LBS after about 5mins of walking.

He saved my azzzz.

Thank you, optomometrist dude in Isuzu bakkie whose name I won't mention here.

he could obviously see you . . . . ;-)

When you drive a Land Rover you have to do that as it's not going to be long before you need the other driver's help....it originated with quality control.

a few years back at the height of the Discovery crisis :D I encountered 2 Discoverys/ies stuck on the same spot on Oukaapse Weg (next to the Waterfall direction Silvermine) about 3 days apart. Talk about coincidence :D.

I'm having a toast to the Douch bag trail runners who were running down the dh track in tokai this morning. I had to stop and wait for them to get to the road before I could get past( they wouldn't move over 2 feet) and the get comments like“do a ramp“ and “where's the engine in that thing?“ Douch bags!