Coffee machine

I also have the De Lonhi. It works overtime and does not complain or strike. Love the machine. Nothing like fresh ground beans every time.

I still want a Nespresso on the side though (for some reason)

Was also considering getting one too. But then I realised it's just because everyone else is getting them. I prefer the taste of my coffee anyday.

And it makes the entire kitchen smell unreal too

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Nespresso Pixie with refillable caps (bought at Bedford centre).

Works very well... I have tried it with Lavazza ground coffee and it compares very well to the coffee coming out of my friends high end Jura with the same coffee.

It does take a bit of practise though but not that difficult. I have tried it with my own ground coffee but I think my grinder is a bit of a cheapy :)

post-4181-0-70092600-1352104158_thumb.jpg

Got me a happy birthday grinder.

I've been looking at that grinder as a possible replacement for my current one. Since you have been using it for over 2 months now. How is it performing and would you recommend it?

I use the Nespresso Pixie with refillable caps (bought at Bedford centre).

Works very well... I have tried it with Lavazza ground coffee and it compares very well to the coffee coming out of my friends high end Jura with the same coffee.

It does take a bit of practise though but not that difficult. I have tried it with my own ground coffee but I think my grinder is a bit of a cheapy :)

Where did u buy refillable caps at Bedford? And what was the price like?

I bought my wife a Nespresso machine for her birthday last year. Best pressie ever! Only thing now is that I can't drink instant coffee anymore. I like the pod systems because everyone can have a different coffee when you are making coffee (my mom drinks de-caf, my wife a mild roast and I drink a strong roast).

Pods can be bought at Nespresso stores or online. The machines heat up in about 20 seconds, and take another 30 seconds per cup of coffee. Its not messy at all and really easy to clean after use. I am trying to convince my boss to get one for the office as well. Pods cost between R5 and R7 each. While this may sound expensive, its worth it.

HAHAHA... im sure you got the 'pressie' for yourself... the best presents are those that you can use too anyway :)

Where did u buy refillable caps at Bedford? And what was the price like?

Got it at the little tea/coffee cubicle shop on the lower level. Close to Tony Impey Cycles. R99 for 3.

You apparently get more than 30 cups from one cap... I did not count and mine is still working well.

I used this thread as a guide for filling: www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=9423&p=92576

I might add that I push the cap quite hard towards the side of the container with quite a bit of grind between the cap and the side. As I said... took a bit of practise but second nature now.

Hope you come right smile.png

Edited by Falagar

• 4 months later...

New nespresso blends.

They have taken the Livanto roast and flavoured it.

Three varieties,

Vanilla, Chocolate and caramel.

Just ordered some of each. Lets see what they taste like.

New nespresso blends.

They have taken the Livanto roast and flavoured it.

Three varieties,

Vanilla, Chocolate and caramel.

Just ordered some of each. Lets see what they taste like.

Sorry, these are NOT LIMITED EDITIONS.

They have been added to the permanent selection.

Sorry, these are NOT LIMITED EDITIONS.

They have been added to the permanent selection.

Yes!

Livanto is one of my 8 out of 10's. How do you rate it Wayne?

Livanto is great.

Its a 6/10 intensity, so it should appeal to most.

Interestingly, it is only the third best seller in RSA (according to the nespresso chap I spoke too)

Roma is the Top, followed by Vivalto lungo.

I think it is a good choice for flavouring.

It is mild, already has caramel notes too it.

I am interested to taste the vanilla in a milk based coffee ie cappuccino etc.

Livanto is great.

Its a 6/10 intensity, so it should appeal to most.

Interestingly, it is only the third best seller in RSA (according to the nespresso chap I spoke too)

Roma is the Top, followed by Vivalto lungo.

I think it is a good choice for flavouring.

It is mild, already has caramel notes too it.

I am interested to taste the vanilla in a milk based coffee ie cappuccino etc.

What I meant is that I rate it 8 out of 10. My fav is Indriyah. That gets a 9 from me.

What I meant is that I rate it 8 out of 10. My fav is Indriyah. That gets a 9 from me.

Yeah I understood.

Surprisingly Indriya is not a big seller in RSA...I like the spiciness of it, so I am not sure why it is not favoured in RSA.

Which is your FAV?

Yeah I understood.

Surprisingly Indriya is not a big seller in RSA...I like the spiciness of it, so I am not sure why it is not favoured in RSA.

Which is your FAV?

Indriya. Yours?

I also like Dulsao and Rosabayah (Spelling?)