Coffee machine

Centre lock or 6 bolt? Finally a good use for Avid brakes...

That's because they can take the heat.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6bolt.

Don't use a floating Hope rotor with a magnesium centre. The magnesium melts. I learned that in the Kouebokke Veld. The hard way.

My Hope's are firmly on my bikes. But I have mates with scrapped juicy 5's, 7's, Ultimates....

I’m sure I’ve seen it at koldserve and possibly at importalia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have asked Koldserve and Ubuy advertise it as well. I'll follow up with them. Thanks for all replies.

Thanks, I have asked Koldserve and Ubuy advertise it as well. I'll follow up with them. Thanks for all replies.

Try Foodserve as well if you don't come right.

Just ordered a new stainless bialetti and a porlex tall grinder. Thanks for all the info on this thread.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Just ordered a new stainless bialetti and a porlex tall grinder. Thanks for all the info on this thread.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Next step - fresh coffee... I am currently running The Nerds HolyRoller blend at home - guaranteed fresh

Next step - fresh coffee... I am currently running The Nerds HolyRoller blend at home - guaranteed fresh

Thanks for the punt V12! 

Just roasted the next batch again... 

Thanks for the punt V12! 

Just roasted the next batch again... 

hi, where can I view your roasts online?  thx

If i was thinking of trying o roast some beans at home where would i get beans and where could i get a home roaster? There are some kickstarter projects i have been looking at but i just wanted to know if there are other ways of doing this that are simple and easy...

I am also looking at getting a  new machine. The thing is whatever i get has to be or have an auto function as well as manual so the wife can just push buttons. Rocket Espresso is very nice but does it have an auto function i.e. bean to cup. What about the fancy Breville. It gets rave reviews but is it available locally - its fully auto but looks pricey and i cant find a local supplier?

If i was thinking of trying o roast some beans at home where would i get beans and where could i get a home roaster? There are some kickstarter projects i have been looking at but i just wanted to know if there are other ways of doing this that are simple and easy...

I am also looking at getting a new machine. The thing is whatever i get has to be or have an auto function as well as manual so the wife can just push buttons. Rocket Espresso is very nice but does it have an auto function i.e. bean to cup. What about the fancy Breville. It gets rave reviews but is it available locally - its fully auto but looks pricey and i cant find a local supplier?

I know a couple guys who use popcorn machines to roast beans, I can't comment on how well it works - but it works, and it's cheap.

There are lots of coffee roaster available online - but expensive!!

As for an auto and manual machine, I don't know if they exist... but I may be wrong.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

I know a couple guys who use popcorn machines to roast beans, I can't comment on how well it works - but it works, and it's cheap.

There are lots of coffee roaster available online - but expensive!!

As for an auto and manual machine, I don't know if they exist... but I may be wrong.

Here is the Breville Oracle which is $ 2400 new in the USA. Its a great machine but expensive.

the alternative is to get a Rocket with a grinder but thats not auto so the wife will not go through all the steps to make coffee when i am not there to do it.

Popcorn roasters give mixed results....

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-Oracle-Automatic-Manual-Machine/dp/B073TYYM91/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1527494834&sr=1-5&keywords=breville+espresso+machine

Here is the Breville Oracle which is $ 2400 new in the USA. Its a great machine but expensive.

Ah I understood you wrong - I thought you wanted a machine with bean to cup functionality as well as manual - but I see now what you mean.

There is a local Breville option available too from @Home for around 12k - it's the "baby brother" of the Oracle - but works in much the same way. Maybe a good option for you?

the alternative is to get a Rocket with a grinder but thats not auto so the wife will not go through all the steps to make coffee when i am not there to do it.

Popcorn roasters give mixed results....

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-Oracle-Automatic-Manual-Machine/dp/B073TYYM91/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1527494834&sr=1-5&keywords=breville+espresso+machine

Breville Oracle is not available in SA

Rocket and grinder - saw one on fb for sale a couple of days ago - no affiliation - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/151958198924098

Home espresso machines have fairly long startup times - so you may want to consider having both a super auto (for wife and when you are in a hurry) and a proper machine for when you have time - I have this at home.

As to home roasting.... not worth the trouble if you are not running a decent espresso setup - but there are small easy to use home roasters available in SA - but they are not very flexible in the greater scheme of things - https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/products/gene-cafe-cbr-101-home-coffee-bean-roaster