Coffee machine

I got myself a Gaggia Classic as a start. Within 5 minutes of getting home I had installed a 9 bar OPV as it comes with a 15bar spring. Tx to @Meezo and @can on dale for referring me to www.latteart.co.za who sorted me out and now just to wait for my grinder already on order. I'm sure I'm gonna be back there soon to pimp my machine out further. Now just to learn how to make coffee.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, splat said:

That is mind boggling
And wouldn't fit in my kitchen!

How's that grinder ?
It looks equally dazzlingimage.png.c13c54cc557cbaae4e383bc1189fa5e0.png

https://weberworkshops.com/products/eg-1?variant=31624830386229

Thats a R74000 single dose grinder. Every week you can watch a review on what is the next endgame grinder or the Niche killer. It is beautiful and meticulously built though. Would have to buy a LM Micra or Mini to go with it

On 8/23/2023 at 11:17 AM, Cippo said:

Here you go. I need the naked portafilter to match the tamper. 

IMG_0169.jpeg

How's life bean

Edited by babse

1 hour ago, babse said:

How's life bean

It’s ‘bean’ really good. Upgraded to a bottomless portafilter with a Pullman precision basket. My 1Zpresso makes it easier dialling in the grind between brew types. I’m using Flat Mountain’s Heritage grind currently.  Still practising how to steam milk perfectly but I’m getting there., The wand on the Gaggia is limiting for position

Since lockdown we have been brewing our coffee shots via a Chinese knock off Bialetti pot, and then frothing the milk via our old coffee machine who brewing component died (Hence the urgent shift to the B-Pot).

The B-Pot has been kicking out some really great coffee, and the old coffee machine's want allows you to make some fantastic flat whites.

It is not often we can get a coffee from a coffee shop that equals or betters by coffee made at home, and if I do find a good coffee shop, I do not mind paying what they are asking.

Now those shops preparing K@K overpriced coffees, I tend not to go back to them again.

With respect to just about every "mik en druk" type coffee machines that shoot the coffee and then froth the milk for you too have been bitterly disappointing (The wording of bitter being intended).

Even the one house that was using a nice Jura "mik en druk" was really just not worth drinking.  

18 hours ago, Hairy said:

Since lockdown we have been brewing our coffee shots via a Chinese knock off Bialetti pot, and then frothing the milk via our old coffee machine who brewing component died (Hence the urgent shift to the B-Pot).

The B-Pot has been kicking out some really great coffee, and the old coffee machine's want allows you to make some fantastic flat whites.

It is not often we can get a coffee from a coffee shop that equals or betters by coffee made at home, and if I do find a good coffee shop, I do not mind paying what they are asking.

Now those shops preparing K@K overpriced coffees, I tend not to go back to them again.

With respect to just about every "mik en druk" type coffee machines that shoot the coffee and then froth the milk for you too have been bitterly disappointing (The wording of bitter being intended).

Even the one house that was using a nice Jura "mik en druk" was really just not worth drinking.  

Name and shame bro.

19 hours ago, Cippo said:

It’s ‘bean’ really good. Upgraded to a bottomless portafilter with a Pullman precision basket. My 1Zpresso makes it easier dialling in the grind between brew types. I’m using Flat Mountain’s Heritage grind currently.  Still practising how to steam milk perfectly but I’m getting there., The wand on the Gaggia is limiting for position

Where did you find the Pullman basket ?

Just now, hillel said:

Where did you find the Pullman basket ?

Had a friend send it over from NZ with family. You can order directly from Pullman AUS as well. 

So what are everyone's thoughts on decaf coffee...

For medical reasons I am limiting caffeine intake to pretty much 0. I have the odd coca cola after a big run. The first few weeks were hell, very sleepy most afternoons and just felt flat, but after that it came around and I feel 100% again. In fact I am off all reflux meds and am generally a lot better with minimal reflux in my life. But it was a big change.

We have a bean to cup machine, I usually drink americano with a little warm milk. We drink raw dairy swiss milk so milky coffee gets very rich very quick. I must say being on decaf I still drink as many cups, if not more, but it has really changed my life for better. It does really show the routine addiction though, still wake up and dive for that coffee machine...

7 minutes ago, dave303e said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on decaf coffee...

For medical reasons I am limiting caffeine intake to pretty much 0. I have the odd coca cola after a big run. The first few weeks were hell, very sleepy most afternoons and just felt flat, but after that it came around and I feel 100% again. In fact I am off all reflux meds and am generally a lot better with minimal reflux in my life. But it was a big change.

We have a bean to cup machine, I usually drink americano with a little warm milk. We drink raw dairy swiss milk so milky coffee gets very rich very quick. I must say being on decaf I still drink as many cups, if not more, but it has really changed my life for better. It does really show the routine addiction though, still wake up and dive for that coffee machine...

Whats a decent decaf bean to look out for?