Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi boys and girls

Been a while since I popped in here!

So our very basic Russel and Hobbs unit has packed up and we are looking for a replacement .... unfortunately what we would like it not what we are willing to spend.

At present the Breville is top of my list, we are looking in the 2-2.5k pricing range and a manual espresso machine is where we want to be.

http://www.yuppiechef.com/breville.htm?id=13906&name=Breville-Caf%C3%A9-Venezia-Espresso-Machine

http://static.yuppiechef.com/docscache/static.yuppiechef.com/docsraw/13906/picture20140818110716_600x450q80.jpg

Any other recommendations at all?

Hi boys and girls

Been a while since I popped in here!

So our very basic Russel and Hobbs unit has packed up and we are looking for a replacement .... unfortunately what we would like it not what we are willing to spend.

At present the Breville is top of my list, we are looking in the 2-2.5k pricing range and a manual espresso machine is where we want to be.

http://www.yuppiechef.com/breville.htm?id=13906&name=Breville-Caf%C3%A9-Venezia-Espresso-Machine

http://static.yuppiechef.com/docscache/static.yuppiechef.com/docsraw/13906/picture20140818110716_600x450q80.jpg

Any other recommendations at all?

If you already have a Grinder, the Breville makes a decent cup. Their Grinder however isn't great. It has plastic gears driving the burrs which strip easily...

If you already have a Grinder, the Breville makes a decent cup. Their Grinder however isn't great. It has plastic gears driving the burrs which strip easily...

Thanks, I see they give you a 15% discount if you register for the newsletter, so the total cost comes to R1869.00 including door to door delivery :)

I don't know them at all. My Breville only got replaced because the grinder packed up... It makes pretty good espresso.... Especially after I bought a decent grinder. But then the itch started and I bought a rancilio rocky. [emoji14]

I don't know them at all. My Breville only got replaced because the grinder packed up... It makes pretty good espresso.... Especially after I bought a decent grinder. But then the itch started and I bought a rancilio rocky. [emoji14]

And thats where it begins..... :)

And thats where it begins..... :)

I love the rocky. I've already modded it with a PID to control temperature. It now produces Really nice espresso, but I'm itching for a better grinder already.

I love the rocky. I've already modded it with a PID to control temperature. It now produces Really nice espresso, but I'm itching for a better grinder already.

Didn't you buy a silvia? the Rocky is a grinder... :)

PID makes a HUGE improvement to temp stability on a small machine - less on the bigger machines.

Didn't you buy a silvia? the Rocky is a grinder... :)

PID makes a HUGE improvement to temp stability on a small machine - less on the bigger machines.

You see, this is what happens when trying to reply on the hub and talk to someone at the same time!

Exactly. Miss Silvia. Love her.

You see, this is what happens when trying to reply on the hub and talk to someone at the same time!

Exactly. Miss Silvia. Love her.

Thank goodness you were not making coffee and talking at the same time.... that would have been BAD.... gotta focus.... :)

Thanks, I see they give you a 15% discount if you register for the newsletter, so the total cost comes to R1869.00 including door to door delivery :)

http://www.kalahari.com/Appliances/Saeco-Hd8323/01-Poemia-Espresso-Machine_p_48490267

i will contact and buy it directly from the company advertising though.  I will never buy something ever again from kalahari after service received a few times

just another option

Edited by Oxter

Thank goodness you were not making coffee and talking at the same time.... that would have been BAD.... gotta focus.... :)

That's a good idea. I think I'll go make some coffee quietly.

I have a few 2014 Ascaso Steel Coffee machines in our warehouse that I might be willing to set free at a decent discount.

A couple of Duo Prof's, a few Uno's (Boiler models) and a Cream Dream (Thermobloc)