Coffee machine

I must say that despite the Dolce Gusto pods being a bit pricey, I do LOVE THEM.

That said, I wish Dolce Gusto would bring the unsweetened pods into the country. I have to ship them from Europe myself as I generally don't use sugar in my coffee.

By the way, that "special" isn't great. I got my machine for free in Switzerland after buying two boxes of refills for what was effectively R160.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eerm..... NO.....

I wasn't talking to you  :blush: 

For you though...

V12man, would this machine be okay (just as a filler obviously) when my real machine is in for its weekly 197 point service?

post-3544-0-44632400-1444048990_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance

Average Joe

;)

I must say that despite the Dolce Gusto pods being a bit pricey, I do LOVE THEM.

That said, I wish Dolce Gusto would bring the unsweetened pods into the country. I have to ship them from Europe myself as I generally don't use sugar in my coffee.

They do have a bigger variety of flavours and some interesting things like hot chocolate, but that price!!

Hand grinder. Which is the best reasonably (say under R1 000) priced?  The Porlex?

Please, no comments from the serious for whom grinders start at R10 000 :eek: ; I will start looking at them, then there is trouble.  :nuke:  :nuke:

They do have a bigger variety of flavours and some interesting things like hot chocolate, but that price!!

Yeah I hear you, the cheapest you can find them now is R89 for 8 (or R89 for 16 if you like the strong coffees).

Hand grinder. Which is the best reasonably (say under R1 000) priced?  The Porlex?

Please, no comments from the serious for whom grinders start at R10 000 :eek: ; I will start looking at them, then there is trouble.  :nuke:  :nuke:

Porlex mini is always a good option.

Yeah I hear you, the cheapest you can find them now is R89 for 8 (or R89 for 16 if you like the strong coffees).

That is quite a lot cheaper than I remember them being, last I saw was around R130 for 8.

The 8 were effectively 4 though as it required two different pods to make a cup.

Porlex mini is always a good option.

It does the job, but if I knew what I know now a few years ago, I would never have bought a ceramic burr hand grinder. When using a good steel burr hand grinder you save time, and the grind is more consistent. Paying a bit more now for a grinder that will last, and which you will keep on using for a long time is actually the cost effective solution. Trust me, I have been through this exercise.

It does the job, but if I knew what I know now a few years ago, I would never have bought a ceramic burr hand grinder. When using a good steel burr hand grinder you save time, and the grind is more consistent. Paying a bit more now for a grinder that will last, and which you will keep on using for a long time is actually the cost effective solution. Trust me, I have been through this exercise.

I agree, my hario, being a hario is great... would I buy one again? No. 

Guys, I'm due to sell my Oscar and Kompak K3 grinder soon. If anyone here is interested. Feel free to PM for details and pics etc.

I wasn't talking to you  :blush:

For you though...

V12man, would this machine be okay (just as a filler obviously) when my real machine is in for its weekly 197 point service?

attachicon.gifcoffee2.jpg

Thanks in advance

Average Joe

;)

Yup - that would do - in no uncertain terms :)

Guys, I'm due to sell my Oscar and Kompak K3 grinder soon. If anyone here is interested. Feel free to PM for details and pics etc.

Hi, what are you thinking of asking and where are you? I'm interested.

Regards, Ken

Hi, based in Cape Town. R13000 for both, comes with portafilter and all the baskets. Can throw in a tamper as well.

Cool, you still harvest organs in your off time right? What's the going rate for a kidney these days... one careful lady owner  :whistling:

250k.... USD - ballpark.... plus