Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are those koldserv "EK"

Koldserve have some Chinese grinders that should be ok for this - looks like an ek43 sort of... economical too.

Ping Doc.... Would also be interested on a very limited budget...

I have some slightly older stock (2013/14) Ascaso Steel V2 Duo Profs and Uno Profs in my warehouse. Packaging is slightly damaged but otherwise perfect.

PM me if you're interested.

I have some slightly older stock (2013/14) Ascaso Steel V2 Duo Profs and Uno Profs in my warehouse. Packaging is slightly damaged but otherwise perfect.

Easily PID'd for a pretty damn good home machine! 

pm'd

Ping Doc.... Would also be interested on a very limited budget...

Schmeul from Jozi Blue posted a pic - i have never seen one in the flesh - George from Koldserve says they are R990 - called the slow pour ginder - not suitable for espresso but good for pour over and drip and ok for Aeropress.

Hi,

How is the hand grinder that comes with the aeropress as sold on capecoffee?

http://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/coffee-making-equipment/products/aeropress-travel-bundle-with-porlex-coffee-grinder?variant=861199997

is it a OK combo, or should I rather buy aeropress separate and look for another grinder?  I like the compact option of fitting the grinder inside the aero for travelling.

Ta

Anyone ever read stuff that they post on their websites, how many contradictions and swapped terms can you spot:

"It takes a little bit longer to grind coffee beans with an electric grinder than with a blade grinder, but the time difference is minimal. Many people prefer electric models because blade grinders don’t produce consistently sized coffee grounds.

The process of grinding with a burr coffee bean grinder also generates heat, which can damage the beans and have a negative impact on flavor. This is not a problem with electric coffee grinders."

Hi,

How is the hand grinder that comes with the aeropress as sold on capecoffee?

http://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/coffee-making-equipment/products/aeropress-travel-bundle-with-porlex-coffee-grinder?variant=861199997

is it a OK combo, or should I rather buy aeropress separate and look for another grinder? I like the compact option of fitting the grinder inside the aero for travelling.

Ta

It's more than OK. Does a great job. I love mine.

Steel burs will be quicker, and maybe a bit more consistent in terms of coarseness, but the ceramic certainly isn't bad.

Probably the difference between good very good.

guys, where can i find a 58mm double non-pressurized basket for a Gaggia Classic?

pretty std size, just go passed a coffee shop with your portafilter and ask if you can test fit their double... 

guys, where can i find a 58mm double non-pressurized basket for a Gaggia Classic?

any 14g 58mm basket will fit. Just check for height if you decide to try a 18g or 22g etc. Can happily ship one to you... (DM if you want this)