Coffee machine

My Nespresso Latissima has breathed its final breath of Espresso before ejecting its final pod.

So I am looking to replace it.

Budget about R 7k max.

Do I buy another one or do you recommend a bean to cup machine that has one button operation.

I see there are some that do ground coffee and also pods?

Any recommendations from the gurus out there.

I like a couple of cappuccinos in the morning and the occasional espresso.

Must be operable by wife, (one button) easy to clean and simple to make.

Recommendations?

Jura Ena 9

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonna suggest a Saeco Minuto. I had one. It did thd job nicely.

But if you can get the ena 9 in budget...then definately get that.

For 7k?

I thought those were over 12k

Thats a great machine....

I missed the 7k bit - time for a budget upgrade I suspect will be worth it.

I see they have changed a bit - now called the Micro - The micro 9 seems like it has everything needed - the micro 1 seems relatively handicapped.

https://za.jura.com/en/pages/shop/product-comparison?catalog=6824256BC3D445898E126286DE211B1F&product=33F8B3C9BC1A4B21883227078F881602&product=AE20C5F28AAC499683E43A0D14BAE949

I've kinda been watching this thread, but haven't had time to read through the whole thing in detail, so sorry if I'm doing the usual rehashing we're all known for around here...

We've been running a Nespresso Citiz (with built in frother) at the office for the last 2 years. We're just over 20 people, and go through close to 30 pods per day. When our bean counter got around to doing the math, we realised that we use around R50k worth of pods per year.  Yip, that's not a typo.

So I'm thinking, what the hell, let's get a proper all-in-one instead. I'm looking at the Saeco Aulika, does anyone have any experience with it? Also, what kind of cup yield do you reckon I should be expecting per kg of beans?

So I'm thinking, what the hell, let's get a proper all-in-one instead. I'm looking at the Saeco Aulika, does anyone have any experience with it? Also, what kind of cup yield do you reckon I should be expecting per kg of beans?

No less than 7g per cup, and unlikely to be more than 12g per cup  - I don't know anything about that machine - remember one thing - do you homework on the backup services for the machine  - this is more important than price to some extent, because a machine that is down is going to cause a lot of grumpy people....

Thanks Boys.

I bought it.

Have to admin im jealous, at that price I definitely would have taken it.

I enjoy the process of making a good brew but sometimes I value speed more when I need my fix.

I've kinda been watching this thread, but haven't had time to read through the whole thing in detail, so sorry if I'm doing the usual rehashing we're all known for around here...

We've been running a Nespresso Citiz (with built in frother) at the office for the last 2 years. We're just over 20 people, and go through close to 30 pods per day. When our bean counter got around to doing the math, we realised that we use around R50k worth of pods per year.  Yip, that's not a typo.

From family members that have had high end Saeco machines I wouldnt recommend them. There always seems to be a problem with the grinders on them after time.

Rather go for something like a Jura or one of the high end Bosch machines, with the amount you have been paying for Nespresso pods it will practically be free.

Just saw this on another forum:

Jura F50 coffee machine in excellent condition. Just been serviced by agents. This machine is like new - made approx. 370 cups (to give you an indication they typically make 10,000 cups plus without any issue).

It has a large water tank, big bean hopper (around 200g), large grinds tray etc. so you don't need to add water / beans / clean tray too often like the smaller machines.

No box or manual - just the machine. New filter just installed. These were around R15k new. Selling price is R7500. Located in Woodmead, JHB.

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,49503.0.html

Great thread, very informative. I found a Sprada Future on sale at Makro last week. Got the last one at significant discount (but still pretty expensive, relatively speaking). What a great machine, so far anyway.

post-37016-0-99804800-1447621171_thumb.jpg

Great thread, very informative. I found a Sprada Future on sale at Makro last week. Got the last one at significant discount (but still pretty expensive, relatively speaking). What a great machine, so far anyway.

attachicon.gifSprada_Future.jpg

It's a really good machine. Made by the same Swiss company that makes Jura and the high end Bosch, Siemens, AEG, Krups machines.

They have a rather interesting history in South Africa and, as a "brand" (more correctly a "Logo") they are only sold here in SA. They're imported and supported by a good bunch of guys in Midrand although your unit is an older model. PM me if you need their details.

May I ask what the sale price was?

Hi Martin,

From someone in CT - you can obviously rent or by your own machine also:

"There is a big market in selling office solutions to customers.  Usually the company either rents a machine to the customer or they buy their own one and get beans delivered to them.  So it usually works out to between R140 - R200 per kg of beans and each 1kg will make about 70 cups of coffee so your cost per cup (just on coffee – lots of people throw heaps of milk and sugar) would be R2 – R2.85.  For 85c I would rather get a coffee everyone in the office will enjoy and not just the cheapest :)"

Not too clear I know (to me anyway) but I can find out more if you are interested.

Hi Guys

I'm going off the grid and the Simonelli is too power hungry so I am looking at alternatives.  Our drink of choice is cappuccinos. ( 8+ a day) 

My second in command is usually a Bialetti and a handheld milk frother, but the Bialetti is kind of a hassle to clean every time.

Any other recommendations? 

maybe some cheaper suggestions for poor people like me, looking for those coffee bean vacuumed holder things...french press will do the job.