[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

See you guys there ... just hope the warning of having to walk in lot's of places due to the amount of people in this race isn't a huge problem tomorrow!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all 3 times i've been training the last few months?

If I catch you from E it's E - B = 3 beers you owe me :thumbup:

What kit and bike are you riding?

Yea I'd also like to know :devil:

Wave as you pass me, I'm in C.

Still lots of mud out on the surrounding trails, not sure about the actual route, should not be too bad.

The 60 was a great ride, some funky mud sections. The st on Simonsberg was an unexpected pleasure, they really should open up a trail here. I found it more tough than expected, it felt like 1700m climbing.

I'll buy you those beers after tomorrows ride.. Managed a 3.16 for the 60km. Was easier than I anticipated. Went slow at the start to save myself for the tough bits latest and they never came.

Pretty sure I'll do it again

Where do we find the results

I found it more tough than expected, it felt like 1700m climbing.

Tbh I found it easier than what I was expecting. Kept telling myself not to burn too many matches at the start. The 2nd half was way easier than first half. At least I know what to look for next year.

My Polar says 1455m climb, but the thing was not lekker so could have been more. I managed a 3:08 in the 60km.

Route markers and waterpoints were really great. Meurant's new trailtag system works WAY better than the prototype. Well done on a great race.

Results are here: http://www.amarider.co.za/ama/php/2012/Burger/30m.php Just remember these are live results and they still have to sort some stuff out, but you can at least check your time.

Pitty the Spur burgers didn't even last till before the prizegiving

I rode the 42km route and enjoyed it. Super muddy!

http://connect.garmin.com/activities Elevation Gain: 969 m which I thought was quite a bit for 42km! The only thing that sucked about today was getting held up before the old Helshoogte decent - that wasted at least 10 minutes and I was near the front... I'd hate to know how long some people took to get through.

Cool event. Need to train more. ;)

Who was the Hubber who started after D that was wearing a pink and white shirt?

Not convinced of the tagging system. I started a group back, tagged twice at the start and my time is out by 5 min. Looks like they have given me my original groups start time. I don't care about 5 minutes, it's the bragging rights for beating my mate in a sprint finish.

Howzit guys/gals - Die Burger was a great race this year - I recon the course was faster as the clay in the vineyards was much more grippy and way more fun to bomb than when its dry - only problem was I burped the front tyre on a super fast corner and ended up dropping too much time to stay in the batch. Here are my gripes though. 1) Saffas descend and ride single track like girlies - its a fact. Whenever the fun starts I end up having to hang onto the brakes because the superfit hardtail climber who trains all week on his roadbike infront of me descends like my wife - please guys - ride more single track, and learn to descend and bomb the singletrack - you have no idea what you are missing. When I did the BC bike race last year I realised I rode like a girl too. Came home and realised that we all ride that way. Every time you touch your brakes you are wasting energy/time so learn to trust your bike and give it horns. 2) The really *** part of the race is when most of the 60k riders have to sit in the queues behind the slower 40 k riders on the last section - and these guys are reeeally slow - this isn't fun. It would be better if the organisers timed the route differently or sent the other routes elsewhere so we can get the times we deserve!

Great race and well organised, just a pity for the bottle neck at helshoogte and the bridge at the end! Much better route and ST than the MTB Argus! Managed a 2:57 in the 60 km, started a bit to fast and almost felt like dying in the end!