[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

Who was the Hubber who started after D that was wearing a pink and white shirt?

Not convinced of the tagging system. I started a group back, tagged twice at the start and my time is out by 5 min. Looks like they have given me my original groups start time. I don't care about 5 minutes, it's the bragging rights for beating my mate in a sprint finish.

My wife has same problem. They gave her original start group time instead of when she tagged

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode the 42km route and enjoyed it. Super muddy!

http://connect.garmin.com/activities Elevation Gain: 969 m which I thought was quite a bit for 42km! The only thing that sucked about today was getting held up before the old Helshoogte decent - that wasted at least 10 minutes and I was near the front... I'd hate to know how long some people took to get through.

Cool event. Need to train more. ;)

I was held up for 14min!! Besides that great race...

My only small gripe was that nasty steel H beam right in the middle of the section next to the railway line.

Had a little red tape wound around it but when following someone close who suddenly dodges - too late, came to a sudden stop and hit the ground really hard.

Luckily only 2 km from the end so I got back on adrenalin and limped home and the rest of the weekend.

Edited by CapeLandy

A very good samaritan helped me to jump-start my car as I left the lights on in all my anticipation of the race. I was wondering/hoping whether he is a hubber as I would like to get hold of him.

Those start tags are rubbish, what on earth is wrong with race tec? I hate admin and those silly watch tags are well, admin.

Edited by sharkysa

Those start tags are rubbish, what on earth is wrong with race tec? I hate admin and those silly watch tags are well, admin.

+1, much prefer race tec's timing and results site!

Think if I got it right the organisers want to give every rider a time and its not possible with race tec if they dont force everyone to buy a chip.

Edited by Jorrie

+1, much prefer race tec's timing and results site!

Think if I got it right the organisers want to give every rider a time and its not possible with race tec if they dont force everyone to buy a chip.

The tag does not work, if you are more than one sprinting for the line the guy who can tag first win. not cool!

My only small gripe was that nasty steel H beam right in the middle of the section next to the railway line.

Had a little red tape wound around it but when following someone close who suddenly dodges - too late, came to a sudden stop and hit the ground really hard.

Luckily only 2 km from the end so I got back on adrenalin and limped home and the rest of the weekend.

I also ate it there in a big way

I'll buy you those beers after tomorrows ride.. Managed a 3.16 for the 60km. Was easier than I anticipated. Went slow at the start to save myself for the tough bits latest and they never came.

Pretty sure I'll do it again

Where do we find the results

Dude I probably owe you a few beers. Only finished in 3:38!

Great day, great ride!

Does anyone have an accurate reading on the m's of climbing for the 60km?

Seems mostly positive comments on Hub. However a few people I spoke with unhappy re trying to bypass slower riders, long wait on hellshoogte, timing, lack of signage to get to start... The joining up of routes prematurely is not cool and can result in many avoiding the event?

Seems mostly positive comments on Hub. However a few people I spoke with unhappy re trying to bypass slower riders, long wait on hellshoogte, timing, lack of signage to get to start... The joining up of routes prematurely is not cool and can result in many avoiding the event?

Bottlenecks were a problem, my time seemed accurate but you must have been blindfolded to have missed the start?

Does anyone have an accurate reading on the m's of climbing for the 60km?

My Garmin read 1480 for the 60km.

This was my 2nd MTB event (1st was Robertson) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bottle neck at Helz was the only one I sat at....... after replacing a tube meters before the bottle neck queue :cursing: Lost about 20 minutes in total there.

Had a few cases of catching slower riders on jeep tracks and them sitting side by side having a chat = fairly irritating. This is a race, not a training ride.

The girlies feathering their brakes on the descents - was awesome. Think I made a few guys soil their pants when I came motoring by :D

The last Km was a bit frustrating - catching guys that were from the shorter routes and having another bottle neck at the single track and under the bridge.

Timing was K@K! Where in your right mind do you queue to have to log the fact that you finished? I got to the finish, there were two machines but only the one in the middle was being used. I went to the one on the side and the chickie says I can't use that one. As soon as everyone at the middle one cleared, she said I could now use the machine on the side. WTF?! Bring in RaceTec!

Otherwise it was a blast!

Was I in the only group/couple of guys that got to a dead end in the single-tracks in the 42? We saw the track below, went there and got going, only to find were going in the wrong direction. Added value for money! ;)

Enjoyed my day out there, it was fun!