Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

New SLX brakeset from CRCattachicon.gif074.jpg I was a bit surprised at the packaging, everything loosely packed in plastic bags inside a bubble pack envelope. I thought these came in boxes.attachicon.gif075.jpg The rotors were rubbing against each other, slight paint damage.attachicon.gif073.jpgattachicon.gif072.jpgThe levers also have slight scuff marks. Is this normal for CRC?

This is one of the reason I stopped using CRC.

I bought a 52t chainring and arrived in bubble wrap and was clearly used[emoji15]

Bought shifters that arrived in bubble wrap and was used.

I have no issue with them stripping new bikes for parts but selling used goods as new is something else.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New SLX brakeset from CRCattachicon.gif074.jpg I was a bit surprised at the packaging, everything loosely packed in plastic bags inside a bubble pack envelope. I thought these came in boxes.attachicon.gif075.jpg The rotors were rubbing against each other, slight paint damage.attachicon.gif073.jpgattachicon.gif072.jpgThe levers also have slight scuff marks. Is this normal for CRC?    

CWC does the same. Everything I've ever ordered from CWC (which is quite a lot) came in a box with bubble wrap without its original packaging. 

It could also be Customs - opening to look and not wrapping properly afterwards - not cool

I'd lean more towards this way - CRC normally package brakes without their boxes in a CRC branded box. Slightly bigger than a normal brake box, but still - a box nonetheless. 

Plus - they know how stuff can get abused in transit. So they pack accordingly. 

This is one of the reason I stopped using CRC.

I bought a 52t chainring and arrived in bubble wrap and was clearly used[emoji15]

Bought shifters that arrived in bubble wrap and was used.

I have no issue with them stripping new bikes for parts but selling used goods as new is something else.

CWC does the same. Everything I've ever ordered from CWC (which is quite a lot) came in a box with bubble wrap without its original packaging. 

I stand corrected then... 

Not cool. Should be boxed. 

I've been offered 10 pounds compensation for the scuffed goods in the form of a voucher which I must use within 3 months.

What do hubbers think?

I'm just going to accept this and put it down to school fees.

Polar V650 - anniversary gift from the wife. [emoji106]

attachicon.gifPolar V650.JPG

Extreme Lights - anniversary gift from myself.

attachicon.gifLig.JPG

Nice Polar and the light is very nice as well, I have the same light and they are quite good.[emoji106] Edited by BSG

Got me this bad boy for really an amazing price,it wasn't even ridden once, the lady who sold me the bike was really kind and super cool. Big shout out to her!

attachicon.gifss1.jpg

Lekker man!No conversion needed anymore,hope you enjoy many happy miles on it.