Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a Giant Trance frame, a Manitou Mattoc Pro fork, RockShox Monarch Plus, Maxxis rubber and something that looks suspiciously like a front mech.

who knows, maybe it's a mech, maybe it's a skewer or a chaintool. Judging by that photo - I have no idea...

Hmmmm. Ja. Could be. Trance advanced then. Daai piggyback shock het my geflous.

Definitely a trance. The rear triangle brace is the giveaway. Reign has it going to the LHS seatstay only, whereas the trance goes to both.

http://flowmountainbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Giant-Trance-Advanced-27.5-1-5.jpg?x35225

Finally i bought a new helmet....plus some gloves I dont really need

Had to stop my self from picking up that exact same helmet! Still might go back and get it... @ R500 it seems like a no brainer! 

So to stop myself I upped my sock game and got yet more gloves. Gloves are 'disposable' right? :)

post-15825-0-38859200-1478761084_thumb.png

post-15825-0-81426700-1478761117_thumb.png

Finally i bought a newaf927c89f5cb7848e1ee8020e0005a45.jpg3f149049379f14db4831700a0ae0bcd2.jpg helmet....plus some gloves I dont really need

I hope you don't get nailed to hard with import duties , I bought one couple years back that was on special and all in ended up costing 100bucks more than the local price :unsure:

I hope you don't get nailed to hard with import duties , I bought one couple years back that was on special and all in ended up costing 100bucks more than the local price :unsure:

Yeah i hope not,its 14% import taxing right?

Had to stop my self from picking up that exact same helmet! Still might go back and get it... @ R500 it seems like a no brainer!

So to stop myself I upped my sock game and got yet more gloves. Gloves are 'disposable' right? :)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-10 at 8.53.35 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-10 at 8.53.45 AM.png

I almost took those gloves,they weren't in my size so I took some others....those where the R84 ones?

Helmets are 30% duty plus VAT. So your R 500 helmet will end up costing R 750 excl delivery.

Gloves are 40% duty plus VAT

So R1000?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Next time sending nonsense to freestate,post office there doesn't charge vat,they cant even count their fingers up there

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Edited by mongooser

I almost took those gloves,they weren't in my size so I took some others....those where the R84 ones?

They are... am also sizing up the Mattoc for R3k! My mum was looking for a present for a decent xmas pressie to bring over that wasn't a BBC DVD.