Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

WTB ASYM i35 on hope pro 4 with alpine double butted bladed spokes and brass nips.

hmmm, cant wait for us to go bzbbbzzzzzz down the trail

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTB ASYM i35 on hope pro 4 with alpine double butted bladed spokes and brass nips.

Lekker Myles! Calling in the big guns!

What's your estimated wheelset weight?

I'm in at around 1930g - without rimtape and valves; but I went for the big boy spokes - the DTSwiss Champion PG with brass nips, so that adds a bit of weight.

Lekker Myles! Calling in the big guns!

What's your estimated wheelset weight?

I'm in at around 1930g - without rimtape and valves; but I went for the big boy spokes - the DTSwiss Champion PG with brass nips, so that adds a bit of weight.

Hmmmm.... Lemme check. 

Rims - 570g each

Hubs - 300g ® & 173 (f)

Spokes - 4.15g ea x 64 = 265.6g

Nips - not a lot. 30g max. 

Total = 1,909g ex tape and valves. 

Dick. 

Came into the office at 5:30am this morning to build my bike, just to realise I don't have the right tool to adjust travel on my fork, also no hammer for starnut/fork race, chaintool still at home and I need chainring bolts, and to remove a bushing from my shock before I can fit it... FLIP!&^%$%#

So I fit my rear derailer to the frame. Smallest victory of all time. Overshadowed by a colossal fail.

Came into the office at 5:30am this morning to build my bike, just to realise I don't have the right tool to adjust travel on my fork, also no hammer for starnut/fork race, chaintool still at home and I need chainring bolts, and to remove a bushing from my shock before I can fit it... FLIP!&^%$%#

So I fit my rear derailer to the frame. Smallest victory of all time. Overshadowed by a colossal fail.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

One of those days, eh. 

That'll teach you to build a bike at work. :P

I've been sitting waiting for that image to load for about 5 minutes wanting to see what the set up was before I realized it wasn't a crappy connection you'd blurred it on purpose! Durrh.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My purchase today? A new chain to replace the one that shat it'a self into a million pieces all over farmer robs land just as I got to the mast making the return home a mix of interesting downhills and long walks.

Gebruik 'n stuk hout besem stok vir die star nut. En enige moering tool van jou keuse vir die afwaartse motivering.

Defs a mattoc fork. And judging by the maestro looking linkage I'm guessing Reign frame.

And I can confirm that the rest of the components are mostly black.

Agree with you on the fork, but I'm gonna go with Trance. 

I see a Giant Trance frame, a Manitou Mattoc Pro fork, RockShox Monarch Plus, Maxxis rubber and something that looks suspiciously like a front mech.

Got me this as I don't want to move my existing mount between bikes Well made, only difference to the K edge is that the computer is mounted a little higherattachicon.gifIMG_0523.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0522.JPG

Was looking at this the other day. What's the quality like compared to K-edge? The unit insert is listed as plastic.