Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

so where is your new ride's review tchjina?!?!?

Fark... I thought I'd posted something. Apparently it was just in my mind while out riding and thinking about first impressions. Darn I came up with some scribe quality work in that review. Just never actually wrote it down. Duh. 

Had a few rides now and actually have some views on the frame, the geo and how it all fits together in terms of what I was planning when I started buying bits and how it ended up. 

Edited by hellocolour

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked these up this morning!

Spank Oozy Trail 345 29er rims 30mm internal diameter laced to Hope Pro 4 Boost Hubs with WTB Weirwolf and Vigilante tyres. So chuffed with this wheelset. Big thanks to the guys at Trailwolf for putting this together for me!

attachicon.gif20170124_134444.png

Those wheels look great!

Sometimes new toys are big, and sometimes they're "end-of-the-month-salticrax" but still tasty...

attachicon.gif_20170120_073641.JPG

Sometimes small purchases like these is all you need to get some new stuff stoke.

I bought a pair like these a while back. 

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/201005/16/52/e0132852_1442989.jpg

It might seem like unnecessary bling nobody will even notice. 

But every time I check the pressures its almost rewarding how satisfyingly well they screw on and off. 

Those stock black plastic valve caps really are useless.

They never really screw on tight enough. 

And the threads ruin so quickly eventually they just pop off with a generous tug.

I have another equally satisfying small purchase.

Self locking chain ring bolts like these. Some are torx others are allen. 

http://www.cyclingtechnology.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/o/bolts.jpg

But it means that I wont have to use a slipping butter knife when using bolts like these.

http://www.jensonusa.com/images/Color-Image/Zoom/5/G00012TK.jpg

Those wheels look great!

Would've loved to have the hubs in red, but none available in boost and XD driver body... but turned out mooi!

One of my suppliers gave me a lovely gift voucher for Olympic Cycles.........and I treated myself to some blue & shiny! Once again, proof that I do not have "everything to do with cycling"  like my wife claims. Now Gedore can work on the Landy and Park Tool on the bikes!

post-17716-0-95651400-1485363231_thumb.jpg

Telkom promised me mine would be here on the 17th , still waiting  :thumbdown:

Eish, Helkom... So glad we moved to Vox for our ISP. Smiling ever since. :)

Telkom promised me mine would be here on the 17th , still waiting :thumbdown:

Same applied in August only got last week, I'll pm you guys mail, or pm TelkomZA on mybroadband he sorted me out gou gou, agent called me with in hours, next day phone was courier and 3 days later in my hands

Must say though, there is apparently no more black models left in the country gold only

Telkom promised me mine would be here on the 17th , still waiting  :thumbdown:

Telkom promise a lot of things but seldom deliver...

I stuck with them for a long time. Recently switched to Afrihost. Double the line speed (20Mbs and 4 times the data (400Gb) for R100 a month less  :thumbup:

So this is my latest purchase:

logo@2x.png

Telkom promise a lot of things but seldom deliver...

I stuck with them for a long time. Recently switched to Afrihost. Double the line speed (20Mbs and 4 times the data (400Gb) for R100 a month less  :thumbup:

So this is my latest purchase:

logo@2x.png

Basically on a similar package as you with Vox.

20mb VDSL + 200GB w/ monthly rollover (meaning unused data stacks up).

We currently have just under 500GB for the month and we are paying R599pm.

Basically on a similar package as you with Vox.

20mb VDSL + 200GB w/ monthly rollover (meaning unused data stacks up).

We currently have just under 500GB for the month and we are paying R599pm.

Best thing. Ours is R725 if I recall also with a rollover. Problem is that I am so used to "managing the data" that we are still using it like that. I think my package might be a bit excessive but I no longer have any data issues... Will see how it goes and adjust accordingly if required. Great thin is that you can change your package as your requirements change  :thumbup: