2012 94.7

Agteros

Did a bit of a reconnaissance drive on that new section by Killarney mall up to Joe Slovo yesterday.

Eish! Looks like a bit of pain will be dished out there. K@k uphill past St. Johns...

That hill is definitely going to burn.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i'm starting in L but i believe i could do a sub 3 hour my coach recons around sub 2h50 should be my goal according to my recent results. I haven't done that many road races ( only done 3 all in cape town and none were seeding events). Does anyone know if i will be able to get an earlier start time ? like around E or F ?

Thanks

I am also pissed being in L but I will try my best for sub 3.

Anyone received info on their reseed requests yet?

No reply. Only confirmed A1 for MTB...?why

Anyone cycling for a purpose? I met someone doing it for a NPO, he is riding with a prosthetic leg, please support his cause - raising money for the development of better prosthesis - www.standwithstan.co.za - he has just climbed mount Kilimanjaro last month.

That hill is definitely going to burn.

Isn't Joburg flat? :-) *waving from Cape Town....

CAnt wait for my first 94.7 rude awakening.

pancake stuff up here. Terrain as flat, and air as thin :D

I'll fly in so late before the race, surely my body isn't even going to notice the altitude difference. Right? :-)

Anyone cycling for a purpose? I met someone doing it for a NPO, he is riding with a prosthetic leg, please support his cause - raising money for the development of better prosthesis - www.standwithstan.co.za - he has just climbed mount Kilimanjaro last month.

There are a couple of us hubbers riding for various causes... I'm riding with The Cows (for CHOC) and I know of others riding for other causes

There are a couple of us hubbers riding for various causes... I'm riding with The Cows (for CHOC) and I know of others riding for other causes

I'm riding with the Cows as well.

I'm riding for the Paige Project (http://thepaigeproject.co.za/)

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png yep, Joburg is VERY flat.... don't expect any climbs wink.png

Joburg is on a small hill and Kyalami lies below Joburg...as said nice downhill and flat stretches.... Just one thing that might be a factor is that Joburg is somehwat hotter than Cape Townw00t.gif

Joburg is on a small hill and Kyalami lies below Joburg...as said nice downhill and flat stretches.... Just one thing that might be a factor is that Joburg is somehwat hotter than Cape Townw00t.gif

and it rains at this time of the year

and it rains at this time of the year

I remember a few years back, when the rain was caning it down on the section past the zoo (the steepest descent in the race).

Fogged up glasses with rain obscuring my vision...

Hair raising stuff...

I know it is still a long time until the race and things can still change but there is a lot of rain forecast for next weekend.