2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dads White Toyota Venture was stolen while he was riding! The number plate is BDG756GP if by some chance anyone were to spot it! Thanks!

My dads White Toyota Venture was stolen while he was riding! The number plate is BDG756GP if by some chance anyone were to spot it! Thanks!

That sucks, Tanya mentioned on TV that they were aware of a syndicate involved.

@-Az- how did he fall ?

I'm not sure yet, no info other than his health has been released.

I saw the photographer. He was crouched in the middle of the road. The wind was nasty from the left and riders hugged the right hand side of the road. It's easy not to see him if you sit in a big group. Hope he's okay,though.

Whoa that's horrible thumbdown.gif I hope everyone involved is ok.

That sucks, Tanya mentioned on TV that they were aware of a syndicate involved.

The car guards must have been involved. Of course they saw nothing when the police were questioning them! What a useless bunch of idiots. I'm sure its only a few of them that ruin it for the others as always...

What an apualling race. Starting behind the charity groups meant dodging novices and cows and potholes the entire race. My mate snake bit on jan smuts, and we landed up stopping twice more for him. By the time we got to the N14 he was demotivated like crazy. I edged him on until just before Kyalami where he finally told me I'm pissing him off and I must just go ahead.

My worst time ever at 5h17 but I felt the strongest I've ever felt during the 94.7 my training has certainly paid off and I'm very happy with the performance from the 32gi products.

Oh and my mate finished 20 minutes later. I'm glad I pushed him not to give up, just wished we could have finished together like we normally do. Maybe now he'll train for the next one.

My first 94.7. Flew up from Cape Town yesterday. That was about the only thing that worked out: bike got damaged on the flight - so I ran to the Expo trying to get help. Solomon's drove me to their workshop, spent 2 hours (at 3:00pm), no luck as right part not in stock - then they simply gave me a brand new bike of the show floor - no questions asked (couldn't believe it, in Cape Town we get charged 50 bucks to have a tyre inflated...).

Didn't sleep enough as at the News Cafe next to the hotel there were too many half naked girls as part of some Soviet launch. Started with a hangover... Still thinking Joburg is flat. Faaaa*. The new bike wasn't set up to suit me properly. After 10 kms I couldn't feel my hands. Then I lost my water bottle on a fast down hill after hitting a pothole. Faaa*. Then my bag unzipped and my multi tool hit the road at 65km/h. Faaa*. Then I hit bottom somewhere on the windy highway - dragged myself to the finish in 3:20. Got to the Polo field. My car was a rental and it was white. That's all I could remember. Cruising up and down the polo field hitting the button until my car beeped took forever. Trying to find Solomon's to drop bike off.... Now sitting a the airport, sipping cappuccino and reminiscing how awesome it all was. Thanks Joburg!

My first 94.7, 4.07 from pp, was hot and windy, was hoping to be under 4hrs, but that wind on the N14 killed me!! Fun all the same and an enjoyable day especially being on a road bike when am use to a MTB.

What's the deal with handing out droe wors out at the waterpoints?

I guess to make you sick. On that note, why not hand out the bar ones on 60 or 70km? why at 25 odd kays?