2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the deal with the double route, is it an organised thing (have to pay extra) or do people just start again ?

It's like Fight Club.

We don't talk about it. Highly illegal and the Hub police will burn you at Stake.......

Hi guys, I am from Cape Town, done an argus or two before, in about 6hrs30 (give or take).

Will I be able to finish the 94.7? How will the altitude affect my time ?

I see the route is on a highway. What is there to see, other than concrete? Most importantly how do you replish the beer keep hydrated ? Do you wear masks to keep the pollution out ?

:P

Yes, the Argus is more than 100km, and the 94.7 is, well, 94.7Km... it's no longer Joburg's toughest race either.

The air is thinner up here, so you'll cut through it easier... meaning a faster ride

The highway is made from tar, not concrete... it's super smooth in places so it will mean a faster ride

If you cut through the thinner air, then you'll cut the pollution too... meaning a faster, healthier ride

There are plenty tannie's and oom's along the route (especially on the highway) that bring 'n braai and play boeremusiek- just ask nicely asseblief

:whistling: :D

How long is a peace of string .

its dependant on you , your speed , strengh ect .......

I did it last year on a mtb with knobblies and it was a single speed in 3h20. so your time will be dependant on your abilaty and fitness.

Bragger!! LOL - respect is all I can say

Hi guys. I'm 15 and I really want to be a professional when I am older. What sort of time should I be looking for if I know I could be a pro?

For 2012.

2:35 or less.

How long is a peace of string .

its dependant on you , your speed , strengh ect .......

I did it last year on a mtb with knobblies and it was a single speed in 3h20. so your time will be dependant on your abilaty and fitness.

ok so HT MTB with knobblies then =) Anyone else going out with their knobblies?

what's the deal with the double route, is it an organised thing (have to pay extra) or do people just start again ?

anyone can do the double lap and there is no charge. You just have to start your second lap before or with the last batch as they close the start after the last batch starts (to open the roads for traffic...)

i am going to attempt my first double !

I've thought of doing that but after racing it there's very little motivation to go and do it again.

Just thinking of doing the N14 again is enough to put me off.

But one day, I'll give it a go.

I've thought of doing that but after racing it there's very little motivation to go and do it again.

Just thinking of doing the N14 again is enough to put me off.

But one day, I'll give it a go.

haahhhaaha so true, i am brave now, but can see it coming to an end on the day hahaha

Last year I pushed my wife around in 5:30 or so, this year she's decided to give it a miss. Pity, I would still rather have pushed her around and enjoyed the day together. She's not budging, said if I want her with me I need to buy a tandem. So, I guess my new bike will have to wait while I save for the tandem, I do enjoy riding with her, even tho she doesn't have much time to train. This race is one that I like to "share" with her.

Okay so its 10 weeks to go to my first 94.7.

What time should I aim for? I dont want to just finish, I would like to do a decent time on a Road bike.

Haven't done any training but I am starting this weekend, what training should I do? Just ride as much as possible?

Yes, the Argus is more than 100km, and the 94.7 is, well, 94.7Km... it's no longer Joburg's toughest race either.

The air is thinner up here, so you'll cut through it easier... meaning a faster ride

The highway is made from tar, not concrete... it's super smooth in places so it will mean a faster ride

If you cut through the thinner air, then you'll cut the pollution too... meaning a faster, healthier ride

There are plenty tannie's and oom's along the route (especially on the highway) that bring 'n braai and play boeremusiek- just ask nicely asseblief

:whistling: :D

94.7 is quite a tough race, especially if the wnd comes up on the N14, 30kms to go.

its 97km.

its not all smooth going, lots of glass about, and easy to puncture.

thin air, well you may go slightly faster but you also have less oxygen to breath.

Edited by Li Mu Bai