Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure Lance was their 1st prize but i really hope the investigation does not stop here. He is but the tip of the iceberg

My 2c worth. I have not read the entire thread. Still think this is going to backfire in some way. Alot of fingers are going to be pointed at a lot of people. Vaughters is already writing about everyone as if it is public knowledge (and I know on theHub, it is). RaboBank leaving is just the start. More riders, more sponsors etc etc.

Edited by krl747

The quote above is about the voice of sanity prevailing in an insane world. I think it would make sense if Armstrong fell on his sword and admitted doping, but highlighted all of the above. He refused and still denies guilt and will be pursued now. His window to admit guilt closed long ago. Maybe he would have preserved some of his legacy but now they are going to publicly strip him of everyhing. He flew too high for too long and has alienated all the people who were close to him along the way. Half of this is about Armstrong's undeniable megalomania.

Im sure Lance was their 1st prize but i really hope the investigation does not stop here. He is but the tip of the iceberg

Next will be Johan Bruyneel

So they have now got LA and done what they wanted and how does that help the future of cycling?

Edited by NotSoBigBen

I wander if they going to strip Eddy from his title for his doping and all the winners of all the tours.

So they have now got LA and done what they wanted and how does that help the future of cycling?

The South African public will now be able to get some sleep and later on find another villain.

I wander if they going to strip Eddy from his title for his doping and all the winners of all the tours.

I don't think so, if you follow that other thread you will see that the fat Belgian was the greatest.

fkn pathetic of UCI. They were quick to accept his bribes, they should have the balls to stick with their man now that theres a bit of heat

fkn pathetic of UCI. They were quick to accept his bribes, they should have the balls to stick with their man now that theres a bit of heat

Sh*t just got real.

Edited by Azonic

Hi NSBB - it doesnt have to help cycling specifically (tho it probably will). Its just good to see people doing the right thing, uncovering lies and correcting some wrongs. That kind of thing makes the world a better place in my view.

when you tell everyone what they want to hear then they are distracted from all those other inconveniences....

Probably won't be brought up again.

Verbruggen is gone so as far as the UCI is concerned, its business as usual

Geneva - Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life after the International Cycling Union (UCI) said on Monday it had ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) sanctions.

The decision was announced at a UCI news conference.

"Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling," UCI President Pat McQuaid said as he confirmed the ratification.