Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

Cwc you moggoes, it looks like they only had one post in each size, did all the research and then niks avail.

F0k.

Edited by Skylark

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.....

I have a KS dropper post....one thing and i dont know how to fix this.....when the post is out to the full there is about 10mm play in the seat up and down......what is the problem and can it be fixed under warenty my bike is the 2014 gt force so still brand new the post

send me a mail on what to do please

Hi.....

I have a KS dropper post....one thing and i dont know how to fix this.....when the post is out to the full there is about 10mm play in the seat up and down......what is the problem and can it be fixed under warenty my bike is the 2014 gt force so still brand new the post

You need this: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=899659

Hi.....

If it's the LEV pop it out of the frame and check the bottom of the post. I has a cap that can be tightened. Should solve the play issue.

Looks like a lot of work with lots of expensive tools after having paid for something you expect to work.

I'd demand warranty repair or replacement.

The only tool I had to buy were the snap ring pliers. They cost R60. The strap wrench isn't essential, but I had one of those old school kitchen lid openers. Worked perfectly.

Having said that, the guys from international trade will sort it out chop chop.

• 3 months later...

What are your guys thoughts on the mechanical dropper. Pricing is really good. Under R1500.

I have been using one for 2 years now, no service, and works all the time. Only issue I have is that my seat has developed a slight wiggle.

What are your guys thoughts on the mechanical dropper. Pricing is really good. Under R1500.

I have been using one for 2 years now, no service, and works all the time. Only issue I have is that my seat has developed a slight wiggle.

They all wiggle a little. Some more than others

• 2 weeks later...