why do they still make 26 inch bikes if 29ers are clearly the way forward?

29er-norman

it really doesnt make sense to me why 26inch bikes are still in production especially if you look at the amount of 29ers and how popular they are in south africa at the moment please share your thoughts.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because not everyone wants a 29er. I personally prefer 26er, but hey. Different strokes. Fast forward 2 years and you'll probably say this about 29er's with 650B coming into fashion.

In summary: I think it makes perfect sense, and 29er's are NOT clearly the way forward.

More options are welcome.Rode behind a decent 26 rider yesterday at groenies.He was so fast in the twisty sections that a thought of converting back to 26.On the flat and uphill a was faster.Adapt and accept?

The bike factories aren't in South Africa.

RSA and the US are the main countries supporting 29'ers.

Why would the bike manufacturers stop making 26'ers because we don't like them?

I think your question doesn't really make sense.

I love my 26er, have been racing them since 1996. Bought myself a new one this time last year (after the 29er-gasm phase started), its a racing snake's wet dream. Busy building myself a 29er now for races that favour it like marathons. My 26er is a regular 29er killer so for tight races I'll still saddle it up. So what's the best bike for mountain biking? Easy. The answer is "Whatever bike you currently have in your garage".

The bike factories aren't in South Africa.

RSA and the US are the main countries supporting 29'ers.

Why would the bike manufacturers stop making 26'ers because we don't like them?

I think your question doesn't really make sense.

South Africa are full of over rich poseurs that are happy to be copy cats and ride their clown bikes, thats why

Edited by eccentric1

On my trip to Italy lately i was in the lake Garda area for a day or 2 and the place is flooded with mtb'ers. Can't remember seeing any 29ers. Don't even think i saw any in the couple of shops i visited

it really doesnt make sense to me why 26inch bikes are still in production especially if you look at the amount of 29ers and how popular they are in south africa at the moment please share your thoughts.

simple... for straight people

My one race bike is a 26er. My other race bike is a 29er. Different horses for different courses.

My one race bike is a 26er. My other race bike is a 29er. Different horses for different courses.

that horses for different courses wasnt very funny.