Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Finally a picture. Now this thread is not entirely useless anymore.

It's a lemur watching the Cape Epic...

:whistling:

And this thread.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You name the race 2nd 1/2 of next year - how about SA XCO Champs or SA XCM Champs if you want to suffer. What about XCO Worlds 2013, or then Hilton 2013?

Why the second half of next year, let's sommer start off the season with Attakwas, and to make it even easier, I will leave my gears at home.

You see Epic is a long race with a marathon a day.

So I want to test your coaching credentials in a marathon..

Why the second half of next year, let's sommer start off the season with Attakwas, and to make it even easier, I will leave my gears at home.

i am taking bets on this race if anyone is interested

I'm an "old man" and need time ;). I'm on a long-term preparation plan for XCO and will only peak 2nd 1/2 of 2013. So, will it be SA Marathon Champs next year? I'll compromise, we can do the 80km to shorten your time of suffering.

You cannot hide the truth - your racing results reflect your training effort, but remember, one feather doesn't make a bird. Use specific races as milestones for indicating your preparation progress. For the Epic the Sabie Classic serves as a fantastic full-dress-rehearsal.

Sabie is a tough ride but if you're advising your client/s rather consider the Garden route 300 which is the same weeekend as Sabie. 3 days, 300km, 5200m of climbing - that is certainly not a full-dress rehearsal (not much is), but it's a lot more than Sabie. Probably the best 3 days racing I've ever done.

I'm an "old man" and need time ;). I'm on a long-term preparation plan for XCO and will only peak 2nd 1/2 of 2013. So, will it be SA Marathon Champs next year? I'll compromise, we can do the 80km to shorten your time of suffering.

Why do you need time, if you are a coach and have all this wealth of knowledge you should be in pretty good shape yourself.

Why shorten the distance, if anything double it up.

Oh I know why, you can't ride hard beyond 60 k's and the last 20 over 80 is where you will dig very deep in to your resources.

Change your style and rather become an XCO battle plan coach, Epic is not a 2 hour jaunt.

You take us all for fools, yet you don't have a clue what we are capable of.

You even got your bodybikefit tjomma to check out my profile.

Let me make it easy for him and yourself, unlike him I was at Morgan Hill itself to do the BG Fit course.

Sabie is a tough ride but if you're advising your client/s rather consider the Garden route 300 which is the same weeekend as Sabie. 3 days, 300km, 5200m of climbing - that is certainly not a full-dress rehearsal (not much is), but it's a lot more than Sabie. Probably the best 3 days racing I've ever done.

Great Idea, however I'm concerned about timeous recovery before the Epic.

Why do you need time, if you are a coach and have all this wealth of knowledge you should be in pretty good shape yourself.

Why shorten the distance, if anything double it up.

Oh I know why, you can't ride hard beyond 60 k's and the last 20 over 80 is where you will dig very deep in to your resources.

Change your style and rather become an XCO battle plan coach, Epic is not a 2 hour jaunt.

You take us all for fools, yet you don't have a clue what we are capable of.

You even got your bodybikefit tjomma to check out my profile.

Let me make it easy for him and yourself, unlike him I was at Morgan Hill itself to do the BG Fit course.

+1...

Spy vs Spy(playing mission impossible song)

@Enticement...is it a he/she...pics?

Edited by rouxtjie

I don't have much genetics, but I will beat you in any race...........with one leg.

You name the race 2nd 1/2 of next year - how about SA XCO Champs or SA XCM Champs if you want to suffer. What about XCO Worlds 2013, or then Hilton 2013?

Right, where are we standing on this now?

Is anyone selling tickets yet?