Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Don't think this thread is going as well as he had planned.

Not even 1 customer yet............the hub is a tough place !!!!

But then again I'm just a roadie and shouldn't be reading this thread at all :ph34r: :ph34r: :oops:

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OP's problem, apart from his lack of PR acumen, is that he is pitching something very few epic riders actually need. 1) the top teams have all the support and training they want and therefore don't need this, 2) the bulk of epic riders don't have aspirations of getting on the podium and therefore don't need this, and 2) those that are shooting for quick times or good category positions can sort out themselves due to their knowledge, club connections or minor sponsorships that they can grab.

I agree with you Red Zone.

Majority of the guys are just doing it for fun and there's plenty information around.

Magazine's, interwebs, chinas, chinas chinas and of course this special place.

Dude, really! ask I the questions and you are the service provider! So stop with the attitude, and convince me that I have to spend a small fortune on potions, powders and other man-made artefacts disguised as 'supplements' when I train aplenty!

For a lot of people the Epic (or Sani, or Comrades, or whatever) is a big dream and a huge financial/time/emotional outlay, so phrases like 'Cape Epic Battle Plan' seems too much like a marketer's scaremongery so they can piggy back on exploit those with stars in their eyes. So pardon the general sceptical nature.

Some practical advise you can give your clients (I'd much prefer another term....): Professor Asker Jeukendrup has a recipe for a home made energy drink.... the recipe (and links) are here on the hub. SEARCH FOR IT!

Dude, awesome, then your'e a psychic too - determining my attitude over the internet! If I wanted to sell something I would have compiled a Classifieds ad.

You rightly mention "For a lot of people the Epic (or Sani, or Comrades, or whatever) is a big dream and a huge financial/time/emotional outlay ..." Wow, thanks for echoing my posts!

Dude, awesome, then your'e a psychic too - determining my attitude over the internet! If I wanted to sell something I would have compiled a Classifieds ad.

You rightly mention "For a lot of people the Epic (or Sani, or Comrades, or whatever) is a big dream and a huge financial/time/emotional outlay ..." Wow, thanks for echoing my posts!

Keep it up man, you are winning us over with your charm :whistling:

Wow thanks for skipping the crux of what I'm saying. No comeback to that?

Maybe you should take out an ad, and support the forum!

I think the OP's problem, apart from his lack of PR acumen, is that he is pitching something very few epic riders actually need. 1) the top teams have all the support and training they want and therefore don't need this, 2) the bulk of epic riders don't have aspirations of getting on the podium and therefore don't need this, and 2) those that are shooting for quick times or good category positions can sort out themselves due to their knowledge, club connections or minor sponsorships that they can grab.

You seem to be very experienced in determining the needs of thousands of prospective Epic riders. However, every person riding has a competitive nature, not necessarily aimed at beating someone else, but aimed at perhaps beating a certain time or achieving a certain goal. Helping them achieving that requires an approach founded on more than gut-feel and perceived common sense, often referred to as a scientific approach. Hence the reason for my post: Doing the Epic requires much more than just footing the bill for entering - you have to have a complete Epic battle plan ...

Screw that! I need a battle plan for the Trans Baviaans! And sharpish!

Your'e on the right track - you definitively need a plan for that if you only start now!

Dude quit while you still might have one hubber who hasnt read this thread, u slowly digging yourself a hole that you cannot get out of. Perhaps listen to what folks here are saying and think possibly that you have gone about this the wrong way. You cant just waltz into the esteemed world of the hub where believe it or not some dudes actually know their stuff and start making bold and to be frank outrageous statements. Now im not saying you not partially correct in your so called "battle plan" but you are incorrect in other parts, so either adjust the sales pitch to allow for a more constructive approach or be prepared for further roastings. Just a thought use it dont use it.

Keep it up man, you are winning us over with your charm :whistling:

Ha ha - if you want to give some you must be willing to take some. All in the spirit of constructive discussion. :D

Screw that! I need a battle plan for the Trans Baviaans! And sharpish!

For you I suggest 1 x Spanish Steak 3 times a day.

Intervals might also help :thumbup:

Otherwise R15 000 worth of supplements will do the trick.

Eldron's 2c....

No one NEEDS a battle plan. A few hours spent trawling the interworld will yield a very basic training plan that will get you through the Epic.

Is there a market for a top'o'theline battle plan? Absolutely. If you're given to skipping training session and have poor internal motivation then having someone spoon feed you a training regimine is the best way to pass the Epic test.

Likewise athletes new to the sport who struggle with the sheer volume of info necessary to complete el Epico will benefit from an all encompassing programme.

Enticement does need a copy of Dale Carnegie's best seller though - I think he attended the Tee Dawg school of PR...

Eldron's 2c....

No one NEEDS a battle plan. A few hours spent trawling the interworld will yield a very basic training plan that will get you through the Epic.

Is there a market for a top'o'theline battle plan? Absolutely. If you're given to skipping training session and have poor internal motivation then having someone spoon feed you a training regimine is the best way to pass the Epic test.

Likewise athletes new to the sport who struggle with the sheer volume of info necessary to complete el Epico will benefit from an all encompassing programme.

Enticement does need a copy of Dale Carnegie's best seller though - I think he attended the Tee Dawg school of PR...

Agreed - having or drawing up plans/programs is the easiest (and fun) part its the following it and recording of times ect that proves difficult but i guess thats what the team mate/training partners are for?

I think there are plenty of Epic wannabes that will pay good money for an expert cycling trainer offering a proven training programme supported by expert feedback and ongoing performance measurement (Iknow this because a few of my friends have done this). But telling people they need this to offset some very high estimate of the cost of the race is not a good sales pitch.

However telling prospective clients how your expertise can help them achieve their best possible result utilising quality training, nutrition, mental preparation and race strategy, is the way to go. Your prospective clients need detail Enticement and they also want to feel some love. Taking them into 'battle' means you're willing to get up close and persoanl with them in their training. Your attitude here is anything up upclose and personal!

BTW I replied to this thread saying I'm doing Epic next year. You should have been onto me in an instant sending me a PM with your offers - but you didn't - you need to chase the business - it's not going to come looking for you just because you post here. FYI I don't need a trainer (I've been doing this cycling thing for long enough now to know what I need to do to achieve my Epic objectives) so please don't PM me. I was just illustrating a point.