Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Nice. My 110 is coming in at 14.9!! So I've a lot of work to do.

Mine is 14.3 kg. Build with reasenable budget. Super though anyway.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is 14.3 kg. Build with reasenable budget. Super though anyway.

Swapping to Summer tyres is going to save me 400g so that's a start at a cheap price

Being interested in the Pyga Stage or OneTen29 (pending on finances available), I did some research.

One thing I am not impressed with are their warrantee.  2 years, and only if maintained and built by a Pyga authorised dealer.

Being interested in the Pyga Stage or OneTen29 (pending on finances available), I did some research.

One thing I am not impressed with are their warrantee.  2 years, and only if maintained and built by a Pyga authorised dealer.

I am not surprised to see that and honestly shocked its not all manufacturers... 

Have you seen some of the work that comes out certain bike shops! I wouldn't warranty it either! 

I am not surprised to see that and honestly shocked its not all manufacturers... 

Have you seen some of the work that comes out certain bike shops! I wouldn't warranty it either! 

Yes, but I would like to think I know my way around putting together a bike by now, as well as maintaining it.

Yes, but I would like to think I know my way around putting together a bike by now, as well as maintaining it.

I understand that view as well as I hardly ever as in ever take my bike to a shop (I go to the shop a lot cos I like the people) but not everyone does and that's who they catering for, the oke that's too lazy to take it in but also isn't quite sure how he is going to remove and refit that pressfit BB in that lovely carbon stage frame... But I'm sure him, his one mate and 3 beers could figure it out...

BTW, the first thing I would do if I do get a Stage frame, would be to fit an Enduro XD-15 TorqTite BB instead of the Shimano pressfit BB.  Carbon BBs flex too much, and the Enduro screw together BB makes it a bit stronger.

That is a lesson I learnt on my son's Giant XTC Advanced SL frame.

http://endurobearings.com/technology/torqtite/

Edited by Moridin

Wasn't it you who was battling with seized pivots bearings this week? :P

Hope pressfit BB's are also awesome! I bought one for my Pyga and when I sold the Pyga I took that BB out and placed it in my Evil. Just used some grease when refitting it in the carbon frame. After 3 years still going strong, just swapped out the bearings last season.

I have been holding off visiting this thread for some time as a Stage is riiiiight at the top of my want list.

I was not disappointed, but now I'm disappointed because I can't afford one.

Awesome bikes guys!

BTW, the first thing I would do if I do get a Stage frame, would be to fit an Enduro XD-15 TorqTite BB instead of the Shimano pressfit BB.  Carbon BBs flex too much, and the Enduro screw together BB makes it a bit stronger.

That is a lesson I learnt on my son's Giant XTC Advanced SL frame.

http://endurobearings.com/technology/torqtite/

I also looked at their PF30 compatible BB recently when mine started wearing out. At ~R3.5k for a BB I can replace them every 12 months if they were to last 3 times that long.

Wasn't it you who was battling with seized pivots bearings this week? :P

Yup.  :blush:   Have fun at my expense.   I took the easy way out of that one without having to start up my Dremel. :clap:  Grinding bearings off shafts not my sort of fun.  Have been down that road before.

Edited by Moridin

I also looked at their PF30 compatible BB recently when mine started wearing out. At ~R3.5k for a BB I can replace them every 12 months if they were to last 3 times that long.

It is not so much the PF bearings themselves that is the problem.  It is the damage that the chafing of the PF bearings causes to the carbon shell, rubbing away at the carbon with each pedal stroke.  I still have to fix the damaged shell on the Giant frame.  Right now I have a spacer in there as a temp solution.  I still have to get some carbon material and some epoxy to fix the damn thing.

I have been holding off visiting this thread for some time as a Stage is riiiiight at the top of my want list.

I was not disappointed, but now I'm disappointed because I can't afford one.

Awesome bikes guys!

I am still waiting for Outdoor Escape to phone me back when they have a Stage in for a demo. The problem will raise it's head when the salesman ask me when he can put the order in for me.  :blush:

I might have to settle for a OneTen29.

Edited by Moridin

I am still waiting for Outdoor Escape to phone me back when they have a Stage in for a demo. The problem will raise it's head when the salesman ask me when he can put the order in for me.  :blush:

I might have to settle for a OneTen29.

If you think a oneTen is a "settle" - you're in the wrong game, bud... :)

If you think a oneTen is a "settle" - you're in the wrong game, bud... :)

Well, I hope they are still around R20k odd for a frame.  Compared to some of the prices I have seen lately, I will take that anytime of the day.  Last week I looked at the Momsen Vipa at CWC. R115k for a locally put together steed.  :eek: