Post your Pyga

PYGA1

160mm 650b. Light bike 30mm id carbon rims. 1x10 #becausecheapskate. Pike front. Kashima factory rear. SLX stoppers.

Wow, love it!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

front you can put down whatever the fork can handle,

rear, not sure, might be a combination of tyre size and the rim, a wider rim can handle a wider tyre in that it will pull it flat, where as a narrow rim will make the tyre bulge.

G

To all 110 owners:

What's the widest rim/tire you tried so far?

Need to know there the limit is :)

To all 110 owners:

What's the widest rim/tire you tried so far?

Need to know there the limit is :)

Hi Robin

My rims are 23mm internal. I Use a Pike and have a Onza Ibex 2.4 on and there are still lots of clearance. The rear is a Mavic Quest 2.35. Although there's not a lot of clearance the tyre have never touched anywhere and I havn't had any issues with mud or anything else.

John

post-62204-0-12876000-1498036990_thumb.jpg

post-62204-0-63930700-1498037000_thumb.jpg

Has anyone here drilled a hole in the bottom of their bottom bracket shell on their frame? I ask because I just replaced my BB which was seizing and when I removed it from the frame gunky water came out that seems to have got into the frame and pooled at the bottom bracket. I thought drilling a small hole would allow water to drain. Any thoughts?

I drilled both my Pygas BB. Had the same problem.

160mm 650b. Light bike 30mm id carbon rims. 1x10 #becausecheapskate. Pike front. Kashima factory rear. SLX stoppers.

How you get 160mm?

did you get the same rocker as Hilton was running?

Hi Robin

My rims are 23mm internal. I Use a Pike and have a Onza Ibex 2.4 on and there are still lots of clearance. The rear is a Mavic Quest 2.35. Although there's not a lot of clearance the tyre have never touched anywhere and I havn't had any issues with mud or anything else.

John

Hey John

Thanks a lot for your post, that helped me out really well!

Cheers, Robin

Pulled out the intire hope pf bb. What a pita. Lucky i had an inside bearing puller. Used shimano grease, but my bb holds water. So as an advice, drill a hole and use anti seize paste.

What are the Pyga Marathon29 wheels like? Anyone here using them? I'm looking at upgrading my wheelset and wondering if it's worth looking at the Pyga wheels instead of the better known wheel brands..

What are the Pyga Marathon29 wheels like? Anyone here using them? I'm looking at upgrading my wheelset and wondering if it's worth looking at the Pyga wheels instead of the better known wheel brands..

I can only speak of the Trail Wide version. They are very stiff but not too stiff and hold up really well. Had loads of hard impacts which resulted in cuts in the tires. The rims stayed safe. I already had/have the 650 and 29 version in use.

A friend uses the 29" Marathon wheelset for lots of riding in the alps and had no problems so far.

If you do a custom build, make sure to use some washers under the nipples. It's not a must but I like the plus on support around the spoke hole.

Btw; I run them with a 3 cross lacing, my friend 2 cross.

I think that's personal preference.

Been using a set of Marathon 29'ers from day 1 on the Stage, paired with a set of Hope Pro 2 Evo's (to be rebuild onto Chris King's soon`)

for me, if i haven't thought about them one second, or had any problems along the way then they doing what i want... and thats been my experience.

probably add they get used for the normal run of the mill outrides on your standard single track/jeep track but then also used at Thaba, down anything and everything there at whatever speed my little devil on should allows.

G

if flowCountry is saying he has not had a single problem, then that pretty much tells you how rock solid they are, as I know what he does with them ;)

Edited by awesme

• 4 weeks later...

Question for oneten29 owners - do you know the suggested torque figures for the main and secondary pivot bolts? Can't seem to find them anywhere but 15Nm rings a bell.

For what it's worth, I have been running the Trail Wide Pyga rims laced to Hope Pro Evo 2's for over a year now without issue - and I'm no lightweight either.

Latest addition to the family:

Fox Float34mm fit gear set to 135mm

American Classic wide lightning wheelset.

Gx 1 x 11 

11 x 46 cassette with 32 Oval front sprocket

Lyne 120mm dropper post

60mm Stem

740mm Eastern Haven Carbon bar 20mm rise

Slx brakes  

Sweetest ride i have ever owned and I have had a few.post-27213-0-71922300-1502646424_thumb.jpgpost-27213-0-71922300-1502646424_thumb.jpg