Post your Pyga

PYGA1

On the brake jack issue. Yes it does suffer from it. My previous VPP bike had such an active rear end under braking which meant I became used to just mashing the rear brake into braking bumps and ruts without any undue concern. Within a ride or two I adapted probably because my left trigger finger became much more sensitive on the rear stopper. I don't even think about it at all during a long gnarly, descent with hard braking.

I kinda like the fact that it's go a bit of a quirck otherwise it does everything so damn well it would be a tad bland without a slight braking issue. Next time I see Pat or Mark I will ask them why the design compromise...

The only thing I notice is that rear pad wear is more or equal to the front which is unusual for me. Just as well I use Hope brakes where you can dial in your bite point nicely to give any type of modulation you desire.

good post

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the other color schemes for the Stage MAX (upper frame) and the Stage (lower frame)

Edited by flowCountry

Anyone here just getting the Stage frame when it arrives? If so, what build spec are you going with?

Tom

M8000 Groupset (1x11 -> 11-42 with 34tooth front)

Pyga XC carbon wheelset + Hope pro2 Evo hubs

Thomson cockpit

Rockshox SID XX Fork.

Selle Italia seat.

G

Anyone here just getting the Stage frame when it arrives? If so, what build spec are you going with?

Tom

Edited by awesme

M8000 Groupset (1x11 -> 11-42 with 34tooth front)

Pyga XC carbon wheelset + Hope pro2 Evo hubs

Thomson cockpit

Rockshox SID XX Fork.

Selle Italia seat.

G

green

This post made me it

A great day out on the reborn Gold Mamba. Awesome bike to ride Karkloof Supa20.

What cable and hose clamps are you using on there?

What cable and hose clamps are you using on there?

Standard shimano shifter cable and brake hose. Cable clamps I think are off a BMC.

Standard shimano shifter cable and brake hose. Cable clamps I think are off a BMC.

Yip - off a BMC. I found they lifted the cable away from the frame quite nicely.

I have an XTR M9000 1x11 groupset I want to throw at a nice frame  :w00t:. Not sure if I look for a dedicated XC machine or save the weight on a pyga build.

nice problem to have...

I have an XTR M9000 1x11 groupset I want to throw at a nice frame  :w00t:. Not sure if I look for a dedicated XC machine or save the weight on a pyga build.

nice problem to have...

12th Sept is a major Pyga test day at The Trailhead. The launch of the new carbon XC machine the 'Stage' and the carbon trailbike the 'Stage Max'. Plus the regular ally trail bikes and new hardtails will be available.