Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Well sir, seeing that you and Pat are standing around the same camp fire. Please ask him next time when he will be making a Stage in a size "small" for me. :ph34r:

I would think if that ever happens it will be in 27.5 guise.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, have to share this little nugget. So obviously I wanted to have a spin on the new stage max last weekend and trailhead was hosting a demo day for Pyga, so me and mackie decided we will go for a lekker spin on the spruit on ours whilst sommer testing the new models.

So arrive on the spruit and asked Pat if my suspension bolts are torqued correctly after I fiddled, he felt and re-adjusted them for me showing me the right torque...he then noticed my pascoe frame was still shipped with the lightweight alu bolt on the main pivot...immediately asked hayden for a new bolt, and replaced there and then at no cost. So here is a world class bike designer sitting and wrenching okes bikes....don't see that too often. That right there is where I got a world of respect for the man. Big up :thumbup: Everyone wants to talk bikes with the man so it must get boring for him after a while, yet he gives everyone same attention.

Oh and they make stupid cool videos :clap:

You actually see this often from Pat. He just loves bikes and tinkering with them - almost can't help himself haha. Way back when, when we rode the first Zero and 110 proto's, I remember arriving to a ride on my bike (not a PYGA at that stage - see what I did?). Pat proceeded to retune the suspension - there, in the parking lot, kla. I then put that bike in his van and proceeded on the ride on a PYGA. Shortly thereafter, I sold the other bike - someone bought a bike with some nicely tuned suspension lol! As you've said, solid bunch of guys, the whole lot.

Great! So just to be clear, you drill the hole mid way between the two horizontal lines, so 5-7mm below the first line-right? What about the grommet? Any suggestions of what to use?

Here's the pic they sent. I think you're correct, drill mid-way between the 2 lines. I have a packet of rubber grommets I got from an electrical wholesaler - pretty common. I plan to use a small plastic wedge to seat one into the frame, and then some lube to help the cable housing get through

http://i57.tinypic.com/9kxvns.jpg

Edited by GrahamS2

I was looking at the position where that hole would go and was wondering how to route the cable from there. How is it routed on the newer frames? Does it go under the BB or what? It doesn't look like there is really an ideal route for the cable especially on the older frames with on provision for routing on the bottom of the down tube.

GrahamS2, did you drill the hole yet?

Well sir, seeing that you and Pat are standing around the same camp fire. Please ask him next time when he will be making a Stage in a size "small" for me. :ph34r:

There just aren't enough sales to justify it. To give you an idea we have sold plenty 110s but have yet to sell a medium.

I was looking at the position where that hole would go and was wondering how to route the cable from there. How is it routed on the newer frames? Does it go under the BB or what? It doesn't look like there is really an ideal route for the cable especially on the older frames with on provision for routing on the bottom of the down tube.

GrahamS2, did you drill the hole yet?

I haven't drilled yet. I need to get a longer cable and housing first. I think there's room to run the cable between the frame and the linkage, otherwise under the BB up the back.

I'll look at the options before I drill, because I may just decide to leave it routed like it is - doesn't really bother me too much.

I haven't drilled yet. I need to get a longer cable and housing first. I think there's room to run the cable between the frame and the linkage, otherwise under the BB up the back.

I'll look at the options before I drill, because I may just decide to leave it routed like it is - doesn't really bother me too much.

The other option is to go for a dropper like the external KS Lev which uses external routing but the cable is actuated at the collar so that it doesn't move with the saddle.

The other option is to go for a dropper like the external KS Lev which uses external routing but the cable is actuated at the collar so that it doesn't move with the saddle.

Yep, I wouldn't mind but I currently have a 25mm setback on my seatpost and 90% of the droppers are straight which really limits my options. With the 9point8 Fall Line dropper you can specify straight or 25mm setback. It's also priced fairly competitively.

So my riding here in Dubai has made me realise I need a dropper.

Looking/Thinking at either the Rockshox Reverb or the Thomson.

Whats you guys experience on them.

Have the first release of the OneTwenty frame so external routing.

G

Robodog,

I like this type of routing, can you which models all follow this?

Looking at fitting a dropper to the OneTwenty.

G

I'm running a ks lev dx 150 mm. Did not wish to drill a hole in my frame.

Despite my XL frame, the cable followes the gear cables

20115775743_6a0b0d76aa_c.jpg

20710498496_f557b73d64_c.jpg

Edited by wiely

Wiely, where did you get the 150mm KS Lev from?

Thanks, Craig

I'm running a ks lev dx 150 mm. Did not wish to drill a hole in my frame.

Despite my XL frame, the cable followes the gear cables

20115775743_6a0b0d76aa_c.jpg

20710498496_f557b73d64_c.jpg

So my riding here in Dubai has made me realise I need a dropper.

Looking/Thinking at either the Rockshox Reverb or the Thomson.

Whats you guys experience on them.

Have the first release of the OneTwenty frame so external routing.

G

If you're going external, KS Lev is the way to go.