Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

Scrap that... let's just agree everyone should only buy from ME :whistling:

And you better be quick, because I am raising my prices with 15% come the weekend because I will have a monopoly.

So do you accept Monopoly money? :whistling:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only happens in CPT.. it's disgusting.. bloodie skelms..

And yeah, name and give details, if I bought stolen goods I would rather know than have a nasty surprise down the line..

What's with this KUK attitude basically warning ALL hubbers that ALL trade on the hub should be subject to suspicion.

Maybe we should just close down the classifieds section all together?

I personally don't buy or sell anything secondhand on any website because it creates an easy platform for fraudsters and criminals to operate from.

In response to all these bike-jackings, I've always asked and continue to ask "where's the demand coming from?" Unfortunately its from within our cycling fraternity, and The Hub's classifieds must potentially be a very convenient outlet to dispose of stolen goods in a very professional and unsuspecting manner.

I personally don't buy or sell anything secondhand on any website because it creates an easy platform for fraudsters and criminals to operate from.

In response to all these bike-jackings, I've always asked and continue to ask "where's the demand coming from?" Unfortunately its from within our cycling fraternity, and The Hub's classifieds must potentially be a very convenient outlet to dispose of stolen goods in a very professional and unsuspecting manner.

I'm sorry, but that comment deserves the title of most stupidest post ever... :cursing:

I have bought much second hand over the tubes.

Why would thehub's classifieds be any different from any other method of online selling?

I would treat an unknown seller here the same as I would a seller on another forum, or junkmail.

I'm sorry, but that comment deserves the title of most stupidest post ever... :cursing:

Agreed.

Well, I ONLY sell on thehub and in return I pay to upgrade my ads, because it's a great place to sell.

The first thing I do when selling/buying on the hub is to check the persons post count. If its really low I would check the post history and check what they are posting about, lastly, if there are no posts I check the account creation date. In most cases it's super easy to feel comfortable because most people wanting to buy/sell have been active in the community.

if you get scammed on thehub, then you have to be very very stupid and someone should take way your internet access immediately because you are a tjop.

last comment, I actively scan the classifieds, and so do many other active members, I have, and have also seen many other members immediately call out the scammers and the ads are usually removed within minutes from posting.

So naas your a real **** for coming to stir **** here and then not speaking up, really weak character on your behalf.

Fair enough. I guess my stupidity starts because I don't do second hand buying and selling online, so I'm probably clouded by ignorance. I see it as an online version of pawn shops. I do know that pawn shops are pretty good outlets for trading in stolen goods. :blush:

For vark steaks! If you know a hubber is a skelm please warn us by naming him. Some of us might be dealing with him or are about to send goods to him and get scammed!

Well, I ONLY sell on thehub and in return I pay to upgrade my ads, because it's a great place to sell.

The first thing I do when selling/buying on the hub is to check the persons post count. If its really low I would check the post history and check what they are posting about, lastly, if there are no posts I check the account creation date. In most cases it's super easy to feel comfortable because most people wanting to buy/sell have been active in the community.

if you get scammed on thehub, then you have to be very very stupid and someone should take way your internet access immediately because you are a tjop.

last comment, I actively scan the classifieds, and so do many other active members, I have, and have also seen many other members immediately call out the scammers and the ads are usually removed within minutes from posting.

So naas your a real **** for coming to stir **** here and then not speaking up, really weak character on your behalf.

Guess I'm screwed then... :unsure:

Jees. Just name the guy already. I've sold one item on the Hub, namely my old road bike, to a guy who had 10 posts. Met him and he paid the cash (eft). I dropped the bike off the next day. I've also bought from The V. No problems. None at all. So if I have the potential of buying STOLEN GOODS, I want to damn well know who that person is, especially if he has been confirmed as arrested for being IN POSSESSION of stolen goods!

Guess I'm screwed then... :unsure:

Jees. Just name the guy already. I've sold one item on the Hub, namely my old road bike, to a guy who had 10 posts. Met him and he paid the cash (eft). I dropped the bike off the next day. I've also bought from The V. No problems. None at all. So if I have the potential of buying STOLEN GOODS, I want to damn well know who that person is, especially if he has been confirmed as arrested for being IN POSSESSION of stolen goods!

I must agree with you here, Naas please let us know who the guilty person is, for the sake of us that buy stuff here in the classified's.

OMG?

http://www.overthehillgamers.net/addons/autogallery/Gallery/131585348413.Epic_Face_Palm.jpg

Fair enough. I concede. But that's my opinion and I stick by it. Fact remains, the allegation in the OP's post is worrying. Luckily I'm not at risk.