Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know MacDaddy quite well. We both share a love for old school retro stuff and we have done a fair share of trading with one another. He is on the road a lot and always looking out for bargains. He is also not stupid and if he truly knew the stuff was stolen he wouldn't have bought it. Think about it, if you knowingly buy stolen goods would you seriously try and sell them here on the hub, of all places? If it was some naive newb I would understand, but MacDaddy has been buying and selling stuff for years.

He is a family guy with a beautiful family and he would not jeopardize their welfare for a couple of bucks.

Whats the point of your post if you dont name the person?

Make sure the person has been charged and has appeared in court before you start this sort of thread.

Edit: thanks Lourens for clearing it up a little.

Nah, I kinda agree with what Naas was looking to achieve. He didn't feel it was his place to name the person as he had only heard about these events through Lourens who was the right person entitled to name and shame as its his goods and his reputation to make or break based on this news.

Naas did however see MacDaddy posting other items on the site last night and this thread obviously did what he intended it to do, by getting MacDaddy to remove those posts and not implicate any further members in his dealings. Not rocket science to see what Naas's intention was and it did what he needed it to.

Thankfully through everyone else trying to get a piece of Naas for supposedly sending many on here on a witch hunt this topic stayed hot enough to prevent the real culprit from getting any further room to manouvre as well. Unnecessary from the community. Yes. Did it have a positive effect though. Yes. Well done Lourens on putting the issue out and hopefully you get all you lost back.

Edited by Tubehunter

I know MacDaddy quite well. We both share a love for old school retro stuff and we have done a fair share of trading with one another. He is on the road a lot and always looking out for bargains. He is also not stupid and if he truly knew the stuff was stolen he wouldn't have bought it. Think about it, if you knowingly buy stolen goods would you seriously try and sell them here on the hub, of all places? If it was some naive newb I would understand, but MacDaddy has been buying and selling stuff for years.

He is a family guy with a beautiful family and he would not jeopardize their welfare for a couple of bucks.

There will be 2 sides to every story and we can only hope that this was an isolated incident. If however these are such limited items than MacDaddy should've done more homework and did an enquiry into the legitimacy of the goods in the marketplace BEFORE trying to sell them if the source is questionable. That's just good practise if you're into buying and reselling.

I know MacDaddy quite well. We both share a love for old school retro stuff and we have done a fair share of trading with one another. He is on the road a lot and always looking out for bargains.He is also not stupid and if he truly knew the stuff was stolen he wouldn't have bought it. Think about it, if you knowingly buy stolen goods would you seriously try and sell them here on the hub, of all places? If it was some naive newb I would understand, but MacDaddy has been buying and selling stuff for years.

Do people with families never commit crime? Most white collard crimes are done by people with so called beautiful families. The fact is he got caught with the stolen goods.

That would be very unfortunate, but I can't deny it is possible...

I even bought a crankset from Neil at one point... That crank coincidentally was also on my bike which was found at his house just a couple of hours after being stolen from me.

I'm not perfect, but I generally try to judge the characters I'm buying from and will always at least search on Google and the hub if I have concerns that something might be stolen.

You are quite correct that I may have unfortunately purchased stolen goods... I have discussed it with the seller and agreed to return the goods to him in the presence of the detective and the original owner (if they want). This shows you why people need to use the power of the internet as this was a very good deal which I did research online and did not find anything indicating that it was stolen. I would expect someone who had something like that stolen to make an effort to recover it and posting an ad online is the first step I would take to recover it.

It really is a pity, but I do make every effort to deal with people I feel appear to be legitimate and will make the effort to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

I think they are the same person. They both spell Saturday wrong!! SATERDAY. Not sure about that. Also if you look at the way the posts are written they are the same style. (just saying) :whistling:

Edited by Top Fuel

Crime Scene Investigation:

Let's list the top 10 sellers @ Classifieds.

Then work from there.

:devil:

Was going to suggest that.

Lets burn him on the stake !! WTF would we wait for more information ? Do it now before the truth comes out . Another prime example why I will never ever share any information like this on this web site !! You suckers can buy stolen goods for all I care and if I see my gardener with your bike I will also not tell !!!

Unfortunately this boat has sailed.

Good post. Perhaps he just got burnt while looking for a bargain and these were isolated items. Let's not be hypocrites here, our eyes also light up when we see a bargain.

We don't have enough info to know if he purposefully bought stolen goods or made a mistake.

The sooner he comes and explains his side of the story the better for him.

Morning children...

I am AMAZED at the literally ILLETAERAT and POORLY-THOUGHT OUT responese but hey - give a man a keyboard and remain faceless and everyone is SUPERMAN.

I am going to sum it up.

- I noticed items going up for sale last night by a Hubber whom I have HEARD was arrested on Saterday. I contacted the bike-shop owner to double check and he undertook to say who it was as well as explain the situiation.

- It is after hours and I am REALLY not interested in calling my lawyer and get the do's and dont's in place before naming names - not into slander at all.

- I asked CAPE TOWN Hubbers to be circumspect in their dealings - at least until this was sorted out and cleared. I am also sure the this Hubber is following this thread and has had ample time to fess up.

- I reiterated that the bike shop in question will post the situation - especially as I believe there are still items missing.

So to sum it up - I asked to trade CAREFULLY and give you guys a heads up, For that I was slandered, called names etc.

Strangely enough - all of the name-callers remain faceless and contactless!

I never "threatened" anyone!?

I merely asked The V for his contact details in a PM as it was obvious from his continuos slandering and name-calling that he had an issue and thought it would be in his best interest to take it private.

Needless to say I am still waiting for his contact details...

I am meeting with shop-owner shortly.

Regards Naas

You go Boy !!!!

Thanx for the heads up - appreciated !

You go Boy !!!!

Thanx for the heads up - appreciated !

Go, Naas!

Take everything you read here with a CUPPA salt.