To the cyclists in Orange kit at cradle this morning

W1Z@RD

You are the reason motorists get annoyed with cyclists. You think riding 3 abreast is conducive to your well being? One day someone will have that all to familiar road rage we experience in SA.

I am a road cyclist and often ride the cradle myself, and let me tell you, I understand why motorists do not tolerate cyclists anymore... You are just inconsiderate! Taking up the whole lane on a single carriage and with no care in the world with the cars behind trying to gap it past onto oncoming traffic

Do us a favour and take up golf if you gonna ride like a bunch of chops!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had yesterday morning a similar event, In Thatchfield there was around 20 cyclists riding up the hill towards Panaroma Road also blocking the entire lane of traffic.

W1Z@RD, I presume then that you stopped and spoke to them about their behaviour ? Discussed the issue with them ?

That would have probably earned him a big fat klap, and if he was in a car, a dent or two in the bodywork.

The boneheads who ride like this generally have a huge attitude problem, and will in all likelihood resort to violence if confronted. Even more so if their buddies are with them.

Hooting would have brought out the finger, stopping would have brought out the fists.

They aren't worth it, rather let a taxi flatten them.

Idiots.

W1Z@RD, I presume then that you stopped and spoke to them about their behaviour ? Discussed the issue with them ?

No I did not. With my wife and daughter in the car I didn't think it wise. Nothing good would come of it either if I were alone and did confront them. Too often people respond aggressively.

No I did not. With my wife and daughter in the car I didn't think it wise. Nothing good would come of it either if I were alone and did confront them. Too often people respond aggressively.

True - we live in a very aggressive society

You are the reason motorists get annoyed with cyclists. You think riding 3 abreast is conducive to your well being? One day someone will have that all to familiar road rage we experience in SA.

I am a road cyclist and often ride the cradle myself, and let me tell you, I understand why motorists do not tolerate cyclists anymore... You are just inconsiderate! Taking up the whole lane on a single carriage and with no care in the world with the cars behind trying to gap it past onto oncoming traffic

Do us a favour and take up golf if you gonna ride like a bunch of chops!!

Whats wrong with Golf :mellow:

rather let a taxi flatten them.

agree with everything you said, except that, i would not wish that fate on anyone, regardless of where they rank on the tjop-o-meter

Why would you need to stop and discuss the issue? Idiots are idiots and you can talk till you are blue in the face and they will never change.

Common sense is lacking big time here in South Africa....let them get run over.

agree with everything you said, except that, i would not wish that fate on anyone, regardless of where they rank on the tjop-o-meter

Except for Rob Mugabe.

lets extend this to runners as well. This morning 3 abreast runners on the road in the dark, inner 2 had lights and reflective (lucky so i picked them up quick) but the outer guy had no reflective tape etc or lights. They took up the whole side of the road were running towards me in my lane and as I got closer none of them moved out the road I had to drive into the other lane to pass them.......... and we get angry when motorist shout and scream at us..... #SIGH

Dont let it annoy you too much, its not worth the time and effort wasted.

I have similar feelings about taxis, I try not let them piss me off but when I hear of one thats rolled or seen it in an accident thats a complete write off it brings a smile to my face, there is now less of them on the road.

They will always be dealt with accordingly in time, the wheel always turns.... just hope you dont end up under it.

Please dont tell them to take up golf because they will probably be the slow 4 ball in front of me pissing me off and making me stuff up my next tee shot.