My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it to her this way: all the cycling improves blood circulation and aerobic ability, and that means all the better love making. So you are actually doing it for her benefit.

1. You're screwed, accept it.
  2. Keep the *** to a minimum by:

• Planning ahead.
  • Consider her when planning.
  • Try and involve the family (sometimes).
  • Have "no cycling, family only" days.

1. You're screwed, accept it.
  2. Keep the *** to a minimum by:

• Planning ahead.
  • Consider her when planning.
  • Try and involve the family (sometimes).
  • Have "no cycling, family only" days.

Best advice so far, i recon i should go for this one !

Ok , try this .

It's a win win for both of you . I got two kids too and my wife as I said gives my no crap about riding , I been doing it for 25 odd years and we been together for 9 odd.

Ride early mornings in the week , and on weekends do the same , but tell her that she needs her " me time too" so when you get back from riding she must go out with mates for tea, shopping something to have her own time/ hobbies ect , then when she is back its your time with her.

Take her to dinner , movie out to flea markets something to break the routine of you riding coming home and then some .

Make her feel special as she is letting you ride and you appreciate it , show her this .

Also get her involved in a hobby she likes and then support it 100 % .

:thumbup:

Tell her that without riding you would be irritable, fat and looking for an early heart attack. I tell my wife that I ride to keep fit to be around longer for her and the kids

Do the same... dont think she believe me anymore...

My wife supports my cycling.

Your wife thinks the sun shines out your bum. You are allowed to do everything and anything. Heck you wife even helps you choose pics for your other thread!!!

I am lucky i dont have this problem. My wife took up cycling when we first got together and we still cycle together often

Is that your wife in your avatar? :drool:

My Wifie is also pretty cool with me riding, knows Wed night rides are forged in stone.

Encourages me to go to races. Tells me to go ride when I've had a k@k day, generally cool on all levels.

She does have a knack of phoning me mid race though & asking how far I am...when i say 30 k's to go then she

tunes me " but you've been racing for 3 hours already!!!"...I always reply with " Nope I've been loosing for 3 hours already"

What I did was buy her a nice bike..took her to a trail & upped the pace a bit..after 10 min, she realised this was a k@k idea

& no-one in their right minds would do this for fun....so now in her eyes, I'm not having a joll with my mates I'm out there suffering..

No more problems!!

I was lucky, cycled long before I met the wife. Always have, keep timing to a minimum, back in the house latest 10:30 in the morn, normally she has only been awake for a few mins. She loves the triathlons, we run together often too.

When we argue about K@K, the bottom line is if I give up cycling, she has to give up TV.

I told my wife the day we got involved in the relationship that I cycle and if she had a problem with it now was the time to move on. In every relationship both partners need their space and cycling is my time.

Cycling does take some time so being back from a ride by the time she is getting out of bed and still having the day with the family is a great idea. However when training gets tough sleep becomes important and this is not always possible.

Personally I think these situations arise when the ground rules are not set from the start.In order to be fairly successful at this sport you need the commitment of your family members, if you don't have that a difficult sport just became more difficult.

Your wife thinks the sun shines out your bum. You are allowed to do everything and anything. Heck you wife even helps you choose pics for your other thread!!!

Is she a blowup doll perhaps??

LOL, I guess I am lucky that way, but I do make sure I keep her happy.

When I say I am going for a 4 hour ride, it better not be a 5 hour ride.