WTF CSA???

Mr SingleTrack

Ben did you win anything for that 3rd place when I wipped your ass ?

a bike wash voucher, how the f&^% will I give them their share huh?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it only applies to cash.

That said...

I won a pair of trail running shoes and a R250 restaurant gift voucher on the weekend - I'm fully expecting a call from CSA asking me to send them the laces and a greek salad.

In the unlikely event of me ever winning prize money I aint gonna share it with no stinking association...

said in my best southern hillbilly voice

I didn't know about the race levy that is charged by CSA. This morning, I had to pay my R75 to them, just to be able to renew my club membership.

It seems as if we must pay something to the CSA everytime we turn. How do other sporting codes work? Do runners, golfers etc also have to pay their governing bodies similar amounts.

I can't comment on what the CSA do with this money or how effective they are, but I have never heard anyone say anything good about them.

I did see them screw up last year's SA's and I did seem scew the Tour of SA and they managed to exclude our elite riders from the world champs.

I think it is time for the CSA to join the Hub and start defending themselves.

Like it or not, this Hub has become a powerful tool and indirectly has become the cycling watch dog of SA. Some of the most influential ppl in all spheres of cycling are members here. CSA, needs to get on board too.

All these seemingly cheap non cash prizes are starting to make sense now....race organisors way of saying fu CSA

I didn't know about the race levy that is charged by CSA. This morning, I had to pay my R75 to them, just to be able to renew my club membership.

It seems as if we must pay something to the CSA everytime we turn. How do other sporting codes work? Do runners, golfers etc also have to pay their governing bodies similar amounts.

I can't comment on what the CSA do with this money or how effective they are, but I have never heard anyone say anything good about them.

I did see them screw up last year's SA's and I did seem scew the Tour of SA and they managed to exclude our elite riders from the world champs.

I think it is time for the CSA to join the Hub and start defending themselves.

Like it or not, this Hub has become a powerful tool and indirectly has become the cycling watch dog of SA. Some of the most influential ppl in all spheres of cycling are members here. CSA, needs to get on board too.

Really *smh*

Everything except your front wheel gets washed. One of CSA's front wheels gets washed.

If it's a 29er, only half the front wheel.

thats why they need the 10% of the wash, allot of rinsing needed

G

The CSA's reputation could certainly do with a really really good wash...

YOU are all a bunch of tjops!! For putting up with this CSA rip-off....

I stopped participating in these CSA sanctioned events....and rather joined a local club...(yes, i know...some of my ronds still end up with CSA...but it is inevitable...)

With a local club participation (like here in Helderberg / Ct area) you get the benifit of great trails...which you then ride for free - when you want and for as long as you want...all the time thinking to yourself how you have "fooled" CSA everytime you go for a nice ride...

No more CSA for me!!! I have seen the light.....and it's bright ...like a traibn at the end of the tunnel...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Noooooooooooooo! next thing we'll be charged hub membership fees... :blink:

Careful CSA might charge a 10% per post,

G

so members with the least amount of posts win! 1 post gives you an ultimate hubber status :P

hmmmm, us lost be quiet, keep ourself from responding... now there will be a challenge.

in that case the hubber with 1 post is truly the master of self control

G

so members with the least amount of posts win! 1 post gives you an ultimate hubber status :P