recovery shakes

I'm not big into supplements at all, but when doing heavy training for a two day 80km trail run I used hammer recoverite and it worked wonders. (With some horse liniment)

A mate of mine who has used a variety of supplements mentioned the other day that USN was pretty crap. My girlfriend swears by epic pro though.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying out Muscle Science Staminade Recovery for the past week and it's been treating me well so far. Had a 9 hour training week prior to Nissan #3 this past weekend and managed a solid performance, 35th overall (I be gloating a tiny bit :blush:)

Changed from RecoverMax because my body didn't agree with it.

.............. and managed a solid performance, 35th overall (I be gloating a tiny bit :blush:)

You should change your name. Lyk my nie jy het meer hulp nodig met die trappery nie. :P

Edited by Mads

PeptoPro. Casein hydrolisate that tastes like wet dog but it works - and it has fairly compelling scientific backup. I usually mix it with CytoMax.

Biogen protein SR-8,its a mix of quick and slow release proteins. Has casein. I add another teaspoon of L-Glutamine. works well and its not too pricey. The main thing is getting in what every you are taking within 30 minutes of training for the best results.

I often shake when I am recovering.

But on a more seriaaas note.

I like USN Recovermax, the chocolate one tastes like Lindt and I mix L_Glutamine powder with it.

I do this when I have big days to rebuild muscle fibre.

Also drink lot's of water.

+1 for USN Recovermax. I am not the biggest fan of USN since most of their other products that I have tried does not seem to do anything for me. However Recovermax seems to work well for me though

Thanks , the nutritionist recommended the usn recover max also so might try it first. And go from there if that doesn't work , good to know there are plenty of options

Respect to anybody that can get PeptroPro into their bodies. That stuff is horrible. :o

32GI Recovery or FiT protein something for me - at least it tastes nice! And only when required, not after every ride.

I don't race enough any more to warrant branded products, but any flavoured milk tastes great after a hard ride and I'm sure there's some goodness in there...

The coffee flavour is my favourite.

Thanks , the nutritionist recommended the usn recover max also so might try it first. And go from there if that doesn't work , good to know there are plenty of options

My vote goes for the peanut butter / honey sandwhich closely followed by a simple chocolate milk drink.

KISS

Just a sidenote...the timing when taking recovery drinks are key...well in my experience it seems so. After a heavy day in a stage race...drink one as your cross the line(carry one in your camelbak)...and then one before you go to bed. Works well

Just bear in mind, nothing will work like magic.

If you drain yourself and not allow for time to rest, not even a Contador or Landis whiskey will do the job.

Just a sidenote...the timing when taking recovery drinks are key...well in my experience it seems so. After a heavy day in a stage race...drink one as your cross the line(carry one in your camelbak)...and then one before you go to bed. Works well

Bottle of Jager is heavy!