Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

you see the scorched pine cones ... my first blade will hopefully have a shou sugi ban finished handle ... let's see how things go this holiday!

Yeah pretty cool... You will have fun making it and it will be cool nevermind the outcome coz at the end of the day its something that YOU made for yourself. #handgemaak and nothing beats that...

All my knifes you can still see file marks etc to give that hand gemaak look or bushcraft feel (like the last one i showed you)... If i want a fully polished and blink knife i can go an buy it in the shop  :w00t:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah pretty cool... You will have fun making it and it will be cool nevermind the outcome coz at the end of the day its something that YOU made for yourself. #handgemaak and nothing beats that...

All my knifes you can still see file marks etc to give that hand gemaak look or bushcraft feel (like the last one i showed you)... If i want a fully polished and blink knife i can go an buy it in the shop  :w00t:

The problem is that I may be highly critical and particular .... will aim for a satin finish, or maybe an acid etch ...time will tell

Here is what i mean.... again some might like it and some wont, I do coz its for me... :drool:  Sorry if its not really pocket knife size but most that i make is small enough for EDC, this one was an exception....

post-7810-0-09116600-1576051670_thumb.jpg

post-7810-0-70558500-1576051680_thumb.jpg

post-7810-0-21106800-1576051691_thumb.jpg

post-7810-0-12747800-1576051701_thumb.jpg

post-7810-0-23169300-1576051708_thumb.jpg

The problem is that I may be highly critical and particular .... will aim for a satin finish, or maybe an acid etch ...time will tell

I like a satin finish also as it does not show scrathes or stains as quickly as a highly polished blade. But after doing alot of super shiny and alot of satin blades i still prefer the "bushcraft" rough look as it just lasts and lasts for every day use without having to worry about scratches and stuff

• 1 month later...

So finally picked up a pocked knife, and ended up with the Honey Badger in a Large. I was looking for the medium, but they sold the last medium 5min before I entered the store.

Wifey gave me a medium Honey Badger for Christmas, and in really impressed with it. It's a great worker knife, I pick it over my Leatherman on most days.

I now want a large Honey Badger as well.

Wifey gave me a medium Honey Badger for Christmas, and in really impressed with it. It's a great worker knife, I pick it over my Leatherman on most days.

I now want a large Honey Badger as well.

Get the large if you can too .... any concerns I have had that it would be over the top were unfounded.

I use the knife everyday for varying tasks .... the wife at first hated me carrying it with me, but she has not adapted and has also been rescued by the knife when I took a whole lot of prickly pear thorns out of her hand for her :)

Now I would not mind getting all the shinny bits on the knife acid etched to "black out" the knife!

Bought my kids each a small for camping and scouts.

Don’t think there is a better value for money pocket knife out there.

Kloppers in PE had them on sale.

41c4ff8d0d9e457bf6e1e918dead007f.jpg

Mine worked a bit on tufts of grass this weekend on the hike in the berg. The spot we pitched our tent needed clearing and the knife worked well. I remain impressed with my Honey Badger

• 1 month later...

So a bit of feedback on the Honey Badger

She has served me well, and is used on a daily bases from spreading whatever on my lunch to cutting down palm fronds on the cycle lane.

I have only had to snug up on the screw fixings early into ownership, and it has been tight ever since.

I had misgivings buying the large thinking it would be too big, but the size has been perfect. Even when shortening up on the blade you can do some really fine work with the knife and feel like you have full control.

She may need a sharpen soon, but she has been used well.

All in a rather decent knife that I carry with me every day and on the commuter bike too (Dug out many a thorn, glass or metal out of our groups tyres), and she carries well in the pocket that I do not even know that I am carrying a knife .... with this in mind I do rather like the deep pocket carry clip, so it just looks like you have a pen in your pocket.

So a bit of feedback on the Honey Badger

She has served me well, and is used on a daily bases from spreading whatever on my lunch to cutting down palm fronds on the cycle lane.

I have only had to snug up on the screw fixings early into ownership, and it has been tight ever since.

I had misgivings buying the large thinking it would be too big, but the size has been perfect. Even when shortening up on the blade you can do some really fine work with the knife and feel like you have full control.

She may need a sharpen soon, but she has been used well.

All in a rather decent knife that I carry with me every day and on the commuter bike too (Dug out many a thorn, glass or metal out of our groups tyres), and she carries well in the pocket that I do not even know that I am carrying a knife .... with this in mind I do rather like the deep pocket carry clip, so it just looks like you have a pen in your pocket.

I have a small and Medium Flipper. I carry the small on a daily basis and use it more often than I thought I would.

I lost my previous small Flipper and replaced it within a week.

Unfortunately they didn't have the black, but same great knife in another colour.

Great value for money.

Edited by Boerklong

I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to knives so I don’t like those Honey Badgers [emoji3084] at all, but I’m surprised at just how well they’ve done is SA. They really dominate that price range now.