Mtb. Who is getting 1 x 11 ?

RoboLuke

How much lighter will this be compared to X0 2x10?

And will i loose even more granny on the gear.?

And while we are dreaming...how much will it cost?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they hang around Rynpark and the Keg on Fruday nights.

I thought it was the Bunny Park.

I'm certainly going to do a X1 build project soon, not for weight but to test the simplicity and practicality of it. I'm afraid of the usability in real life situations which require almost immediate swings from high to low or vice versa. Tests in switchbacks and unexpected obstacles, etc

For those who really care, this will be a step closer to SS and acceptance by the main manne of the hub. I personally will try the 11 speed with my triple crankset. 33 speed, hell yeah!! :-)

Seriously though, I think the biggest application will be for XCO where before the race you can chose the correct front chainring. I don't think 11 is enough for XCM. Downhill application? I'm clueless there.

i see on the sram website that you have a choice of 6 front chainrings...so for me that already says its not going to work for a fullhouse of scenarios in a typical marathon race

I am curious also about the xx1 I have asked the Hubbers and my lbs, for anyone who has access to a early set, but I am also starting to think its not going to be a all rounder

Group set!!! Weight wise it will have to be lighter, but now you need to take your chain rings where ever you go just in case the gradient changes??? My biggest concern is when you turn a corner and there is a wall in front of you, how long is it going to take to drop down to a " granny type" ratio to get you out the $$hit?. Does any one know weight wise ?? And no I am not a weight weenie it's a question not a statement

I looked into this and weight wise you will save around 120-140g over XX but you will loose some gearing at the top or bottom depending on chainring you use.If i was only doing lap racing this would be fine but i ride to the trail often as well as do longer or multi day events where the xx1 will be useless to me.Individual parts are available with the whole groupset costing around 10K no brakes.I cant find a hub body for sale yet so having a groupset now will be useless anyway.(You need to replace your body to acomodate the 10 tooth.)So i've left that thought for now as it is just a impractical groupset.Maybe just for lap racing or all mountain.

Isn't it more about eliminating the front mech, where most of the gear train 'issues' derive? And suited to XC racers, Nino and Jaroslav used the SRAM 10x1 setup at the Olympics. Not often you need the big ring in that style of racing.

That cassette is hooj!

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/05/31/1/sram_xx1_cassette_600.jpg

Me: I am going with 10x3, because I can.

Edited by kosmonooit

Isn't it more about eliminating the front mech, where most of the gear train 'issues' derive?

That cassette is hooj!

With such long teeth on that chainring ... I dont think you need to worry about chain drop!

post-4352-0-58731700-1349676617_thumb.jpg

Cost, undetermined at this stage.

Also from what I understand the biggest challenge is going to be free hub-bodies.

It will be $$$$$ however.

More for the racing snakes.