CarteBlanche Armstrong Story

Vetseun

Damm missed it,

Does anyone know if Carte Blanche will rebroadcast, they use to do it on Thursday's

G

should be on M-net on demand for a week if yo have a PVR, if not go to a mates place.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's looking at you Philippe Gilbert. Or could that be the steroids? tongue.png

aha, interesting theory indeed - and i thought that was just road rash from many crashes on the belgian cobbles

Looking back at all of this, I am actually a little pi$$ed.

Why oh why did I not inherit more cycling talent.

These okes are all my age , a little younger or a bit older, which means had I been given the ability, I could have gone pro and been able to race in this era.

What could be better, spyker the podium girls, klap the drugs, see the world and party like mad with sponsors money.

I am now properly de-moer in.

Also looks like she klaps the drugs and booze hard.

Seems all and sundry were partying together.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4314208-16x9-512x288.jpg

I really think you should re-evaluate your stance here. This woman stood up for the truth before anyone else had the balls to do so, and did so at the risk of inviting exactly this type of judgement.

I have never been a Lance fan, but what he did for cycling was awesome,from a 20 min midnight slot to full live coverage,he brought millions of dollars into a primarily Euro sport,enen the UCI now have big flashy cars,not clapped out Fiats..... Yeah,I believe he doped,do I care,no,why,cos they all on something,Pantani will always be the best climber,Ulrich was a beast,Contador was like an angel up a climb,Festina had the best team tactics and I will still love this sport,Lance beat the best at their own game and the UCI knew and kept it quiet cos they were benefitting too. How come Arnold,who openly took steroids can be Gov of California without questions, or Stallone can make millions from his juiced up body,isn't he also bettering himself by using drugs or the no 1 show in the states, the WWF wrestling? No questions there either! The UCI are screwing over this sport trying to look good,they never caught Lance and they are bitter,what's the point of trying years later.... Do you really think a cancer patient is really concerned whether his hero is "using", to fight cancer you have to use something! Lance is a hero to millions and has given millions hope...... Leave it right there!

Lance, great man always will,be to be honesti am not a huge fan but I cannot take it away from him, he was and still is Legendary, to all those that were fans, and you have now changed your minds well you remind me of the people that supported Hansie until the scandal..., putting distance between yourself and the your hero hoping not to be tarnished by the same brush... to hell with it if stand by the person you Idolized , supported , cheered for....heck you're not doping, it doesn't make you a cheat... he still inspired you, got you off the couch to go get stonger .. takes dedication motivation determination, leadership... drive , ambition... so he is human... he wanted to be better and stronger than his opposition and supposedly did what it took... to the media, and everyone taking advantage of the situation by tearing a man down shame to you, don't you have anything better to do, no... you don't and it's most likely for your financial gain... so who cares... oh well...that's my 2c worth.

I wasn't going to read this thread, but I'm glad that I did. Thank you, this was truly entertaining, made my Monday morning.clap.gif

aha, interesting theory indeed - and i thought that was just road rash from many crashes on the belgian cobbles

Philippe, he of the white hair dye during his best season of all time.

Was a bit irritated when they referred to Operation Puerto and did nothing to mention the fact that it involved many other athletes from other sports.

Many people/non cyclist needed to hear that because it puts some perspective on other sports

The problem is he consistently refuses to acknowledge it. I thought the 'apology that Lance Armstrong will never give' post was a good read. There's a back-story there that would go a long way to winning the fans back, but for whatever reason LA will never go there.

Not so sure he won't go there - As you say there's a back story to win back fans (and make money), but it takes time to write and publish new book... whistling.gif

I'll wager a scandellous new LA book will be lanuched in the second week of Dec for christmas!

#bombshell!

He's more than riding, he's now the self-proclaimed anti-doping messiah and harbinger of righteousness. I have my doubts about his motives and even his recent performances.

A bit late obviously, but good to hear from him all the same. He could have lied like so many others under oath chose to do.

Admiration for being top of the pile - fair enough - but they made decisions that lowered the bar for many many years and which will be difficult for the sport to ever recover from. I accept the circumstances that led to their decision but do not accept that we cannot be permitted to take on board the truth before moving forward.

"the truth" - an interesting term...

What truth are you looking for? A full confession from Lance? Will that make us feel better? Will that help cycling become cleaner? Me - I don't think it matters. Cheating in cycling went from taking trains to cocaine to pot belge to blood doping to EPO with loads of fun chemicals along the way. There is no "Lance era" there is only a "Lance Chapter" in the 100 year era of cheating in cycling.

I'm not trying to be a dick - just trying to understand what people are hoping to achieve from the "witch hunt".

I have never been a Lance fan, but what he did for cycling was awesome,from a 20 min midnight slot to full live coverage,he brought millions of dollars into a primarily Euro sport,enen the UCI now have big flashy cars,not clapped out Fiats..... Yeah,I believe he doped,do I care,no,why,cos they all on something,Pantani will always be the best climber,Ulrich was a beast,Contador was like an angel up a climb,Festina had the best team tactics and I will still love this sport,Lance beat the best at their own game and the UCI knew and kept it quiet cos they were benefitting too. How come Arnold,who openly took steroids can be Gov of California without questions, or Stallone can make millions from his juiced up body,isn't he also bettering himself by using drugs or the no 1 show in the states, the WWF wrestling? No questions there either! The UCI are screwing over this sport trying to look good,they never caught Lance and they are bitter,what's the point of trying years later.... Do you really think a cancer patient is really concerned whether his hero is "using", to fight cancer you have to use something! Lance is a hero to millions and has given millions hope...... Leave it right there!

And right here in SA our very own Owen Hannie is presenting a TV show.

Screw it - I'm gonna get me some. This morally correct and ethically motivated lifestyle of mine just isn't working out....