CarteBlanche Armstrong Story

Vetseun

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Hamilton plays the victim to a T. Dont get me wrong, i do not condone or support doping. But even if it is all true, it still does not detract that LA remains one of the best.

Damm missed it,

Does anyone know if Carte Blanche will rebroadcast, they use to do it on Thursday's

G

DSTV on demand will carry the episode until next Sunday

Well he and that massage chick took long giving answers and looked up and down and over explained everything. I say the are talking BS

Damm missed it,

Does anyone know if Carte Blanche will rebroadcast, they use to do it on Thursday's

G

It will be on DSTV ON DEMAND.

Great story. What I find so ironical is that it is the cyclists that get dragged over the coals, yet what about the doctors and team principles. Surley they should also get taken down as well?

I just find it so strange that so many people really care about this whole Lance issue,. Is there a desperate need to have some sort of hero, and that has now resulted in this huge dissappointment with all the related emotions to follow??

Lance is just another oke, he seemed to have cheated, like everyone else at the time, he just had a better cover-up plan etc.

WHY THE BIG EMOTIONAL ISSUE?

WGAF?

Well he and that massage chick took long giving answers and looked up and down and over explained everything. I say the are talking BS

but what about the 2009 sample that was tested in 2010?....that was pretty convincing....

I just find it so strange that so many people really care about this whole Lance issue,. Is there a desperate need to have some sort of hero, and that has now resulted in this huge dissappointment with all the related emotions to follow??

Lance is just another oke, he seemed to have cheated, like everyone else at the time, he just had a better cover-up plan etc.

WHY THE BIG EMOTIONAL ISSUE?

WGAF?

People do need hero's for all sorts of reasons, inspiration, roll models, etc. He lied and decieved for so long, thats whats pissed most off.

All this negative publicity wont stop people who already cycle from continuing, but may affect newbies and youngsters from making a career of it.

I actually watched it and enjoyed it, compelling viewing.

That French lab chick is sif, and I wouldn't trust her ........... ever.

Tyler's expression did not convince me.

Betsy looks angry.

Did he dope, I am sure we all would agree that he possibly definitely did.

Hamilton still looks doped... What's with the hippie hair, aviators and town bike? Does he really think people will think he's cool now?

Guest Travis.

I am pretty sure that all of the people involved truly believe they were victims of circumstance. They truly believed that everyone around them doped and if they wanted to win they'd have to level the playing field. Certainly it seems to be the case for some (read most). You had to dope to compete with other dopers, especially on the long events such as the TdF. It's easy to make yourself feel you had no choice. And in honesty none of us can judge as you cannot for certain say what you would do when you've put so much into getting there, but seeing your dream of winning shattered because you know someone else has an edge above you.

In my opinion, it boils down to one decision: Win at all costs (and destroy the feeling of knowing it was only you) or continue as you are and hope you're effort pays off (probably not - except in shorter races) or give up and do something else...

Honestly, I am not sure which option I would've taken...

Hamilton still looks doped... What's with the hippie hair, aviators and town bike? Does he really think people will think he's cool now?

The missus didn't know who he was, her first comment when she saw him "is he a crackhead ?"

I found it interesting how Phil couldn't bring himself to say, that LA doped. He just couldn't say it. You could tell how conflicted he was. Great story though! Heine Verbruggen is a toss of note and so is Dick Pound for the shrug of the shoulders.