CarteBlanche Armstrong Story

Vetseun

hmmm, so far the only new info i've gleaned from this thread is that EPO is bad for your skin.

Not only skin, your hair takes a beating too

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.2555921.1348966227!image/1043895145.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/1043895145.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damm missed it,

Does anyone know if Carte Blanche will rebroadcast, they use to do it on Thursday's

G

i think it comes up on DSTV on demand if you have that function

i think it comes up on DSTV on demand if you have that function

Just make sure to take a Valoid before hand, Hamilton and the UCI are as nauseating as Le Mond and too much tequila.

Ah ,with you thumbup1.gif

I must be honest, and please people don't construe me as an L.A. fanboy, but after watching the show last night, I have an even more bitter taste in my mouth as to how one individual has been made out to be the only culprit in this pit if despair.

I also couldn't help but getting the impression that some testimonies have been a little over-sensationalized.

Alas, Mrs. Hamilton is cute .

As for this crackhead looker wacko.png

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02331/hamilton_2331329b.jpg

Ja, I'm not sure how the show came over but if you read Tyler's book it's not all about pinning the doping on Lance. He comes across like a pretty lucid guy to me.

In terms of culpability in the culture of the sport, in my opinion Lance just took it to another level. And this is, to some degree, understandable if you know the history and the circumstances. The problem is he consistently refuses to acknowledge it. I thought the 'apology that Lance Armstrong will never give' post was a good read. There's a back-story there that would go a long way to winning the fans back, but for whatever reason LA will never go there.

Weird how some people need to have the tv tell them something before it's real. Is critical thinking really that dead?

Speaking of the dead, another TV show which has something in common with USADA and LA gate is the The walking Dead" has that been screened in SA yet?

Its a show about people who die and turn into zombies and then live to eat other living people....Season 3 just started here and I can really recommend it.

Lance, great man always will,be to be honesti am not a huge fan but I cannot take it away from him, he was and still is Legendary, to all those that were fans, and you have now changed your minds well you remind me of the people that supported Hansie until the scandal..., putting distance between yourself and the your hero hoping not to be tarnished by the same brush... to hell with it if stand by the person you Idolized , supported , cheered for....heck you're not doping, it doesn't make you a cheat... he still inspired you, got you off the couch to go get stonger .. takes dedication motivation determination, leadership... drive , ambition... so he is human... he wanted to be better and stronger than his opposition and supposedly did what it took... to the media, and everyone taking advantage of the situation by tearing a man down shame to you, don't you have anything better to do, no... you don't and it's most likely for your financial gain... so who cares... oh well...that's my 2c worth.

He might well have been a hero to many, BUT HE CHEATED.

He survived cancer and won 7 Tours de France, BUT HE CHEATED.

He was the greatest American cyclist ever, BUT HE CHEATED.

He is certainly no longer a hero. He is not a role model. He is not an idol. He is a lying cheat with enough money to bully others into keeping his lie going.

It's not "tearing a man down" - it's sending a message that his morals and values have no place in society, let alone professional sport.

And don't think for one moment I'm a Tyler or Floyd fan. They're only marginally better than Armstrong for eventually telling the truth, but not much. Same goes for all my former heroes - Ulrich, Pantani, Virenque, Vinokourov, Heras. It's an era that I want to forget almost everything about, except possibly the lessons we can learn on how to prevent such a systematic and institutionalised peloton-wide doping culture from ever happening again.

The real heroes are people like Paul Kimmage, David Walsh, Emma O'Rielly and Betsy Andreu who stuck to their guns despite the Armstrong Armada's best attempts to discredit them.

What amazes me in cases like this, is the refusal of the people who were in charge to step down (looking at you Pat). They were either partly responsible or knew that something fishy was going on and if they didn't, they are just incompetent. But they don't and now want to be a part of the solution. Makes me sick, like so many industries that go through this, LACK OF LEADERSHIP!

Speaking of the dead, another TV show which has something in common with USADA and LA gate is the The walking Dead" has that been screened in SA yet?

Its a show about people who die and turn into zombies and then live to eat other living people....Season 3 just started here and I can really recommend it.

Sounds good, like I say no TV but I'll dl the pilot and check it out.

I'm no Zombie expert but I liked the Simon Pegg movie where they get caught at the pub just as the zombie world order kicks in and have to make their way home without having their brains eaten.

Edited by Lucky Luke.

Also looks like she klaps the drugs and booze hard.

Seems all and sundry were partying together.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4314208-16x9-512x288.jpg

The problem is he consistently refuses to acknowledge it.

In my opinion this doesn't really matter.

None of them 'fessed up without a USADA gun pinned to their temple - even Millar only 'fessed up when they found the ampules and he's still riding! Crazy. Hincapie retired and them went public with his 'fession. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

I may have lent some credibility to any of the 'fessors IF they had spilt their guts without a loaded pistol being pointed at them.

To me? Same same. Cheating bastards.

Oddly enough this isn't really enough motivation for me to hate any of them. I still admire their achievements and abilities. Pro riding is something I just don't have the dedication and commitment for.

Is it me or did Tyler look and act like he was stoned or certainly has been on the green stuff for some time?

Man i thought the same thing!

Well, Froome Dog is relaxed...

http://inrng.com/medias/img/froomedolphin.jpg

I don't think we need to drag other names in to this thread, those google search engines are nasty.

hmmm, so far the only new info i've gleaned from this thread is that EPO is bad for your skin.

Here's looking at you Philippe Gilbert. Or could that be the steroids? :P

Absolutely.

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/sgreen/2007/05/18/amd_lemond.jpg

In my opinion this doesn't really matter.

None of them 'fessed up without a USADA gun pinned to their temple - even Millar only 'fessed up when they found the ampules and he's still riding!

He's more than riding, he's now the self-proclaimed anti-doping messiah and harbinger of righteousness. I have my doubts about his motives and even his recent performances.

Crazy. Hincapie retired and them went public with his 'fession. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned.

A bit late obviously, but good to hear from him all the same. He could have lied like so many others under oath chose to do.

I may have lent some credibility to any of the 'fessors IF they had spilt their guts without a loaded pistol being pointed at them.

To me? Same same. Cheating bastards.

Oddly enough this isn't really enough motivation for me to hate any of them. I still admire their achievements and abilities. Pro riding is something I just don't have the dedication and commitment for.

Admiration for being top of the pile - fair enough - but they made decisions that lowered the bar for many many years and which will be difficult for the sport to ever recover from. I accept the circumstances that led to their decision but do not accept that we cannot be permitted to take on board the truth before moving forward.

Edited by Lucky Luke.