Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

Surely a whole process should ensue before Nedbank decides to pull the plug. I would have thought they would have waited for this to go to CSA (or whoever the governing body would be) and once they state that he has doped then they terminate the sponsorship. Just seems very premature in that we get the news from a sponsor as opposed to the governing body - maybe they think if there's smoke there's fire.

Not that I am a DG fan but surely due process should be followed when someone's livelihood is at stake.

Wonder if Kevin is accepting cv's - I'm pretty fit at the moment - not.

Nedbank have not pulled the plug ... They have suspended their sponsorship, presumably to allow the process to run its course so have done the correct thing as far as I can see -- Trek have also announced they are out (not sure if suspended or permanent -- via Twitter)

CSA has commented

He tested positive for EPO.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before condemning him outright I'd like to hear more info. Was it performance-enhancing drugs for that purpose, or meds taken "unwittingly". These guys know what they can / can't take, but I'd like greater clarity.

If he is guilty he needs one nut removed so he can join the ranks of other cheaters.

EPO - http://www.cyclingsa.com/Article.aspx?uid=1091

i love how everyone is up in arms and thers technically no details available, USN is one of their sponsors and USN has had so many retracts for having banned substances in their product over the last couple of years, odds are its a USN issue rather than a DG issue. But then again like everyone says he learned to dope in a premier team.

Ill personally wait for some facts before i start slamming him, and if the facts are that he has been doping then roast the hell out of him.

Of course there would be a clause like that - that is not my point. My point is that I find it odd that this news gets broken by a sponsor as opossed to CSA, or whoever the governing body is. This statement from Nedbank raises more questions than answers - at least for me that is.

What happens if it turns out to be a Chilliboy/Basson issue - Nedbank ends up looking like knobs. Rather back your rider until all the chips are on the table and if it is clear he is guilty then drop them. Then again they obviously know more than we do so one has to assume that there is no coming back from the finding!

Actually both the sanctioning body and sponsor issued a release.

http://www.treadmag.co.za/News/DisplayNewsItem.aspx?niid=15456

Would Kevin have known ? Would Kevin have also been on something to keep up?

I'm off for a whiskey to settle the nerves, then a nap. In the meantime, it should be pointed out, it was an "out of competition" sample. Maybe that is why the epic was never .........

I'd agree on you asking the question about Kevin, but Kevin is not one of the guys tweeting who you were commenting on...

If he was a little bit better and more successful in cycling one could have said that he is the "Hansie Cronje of Cycling"

I think many mountain bikers feel "cheated" after this news.

Will be a mistake by Nedbank to stop sponsorship immediately. Rather say in six months time or something.

This will show that Nedbank does not support cycling but individuals and link them selves to 1 persons poor judgement. I agree with the stance of zero tolerance, but be smart about it. Learn from Rabobank

Agree as the whole team and dedicated riders must be punished because some SELL BY DATE EXPIRED ROADIE causes the ****. He DG also represented SA. He thought that if he moved to MTB he could hide behind them bushes.

A few years back he won the Knysna MTB race and then won the road race the next day. Oops.... No wonder ...the goofy was in a trance.....

i love how everyone is up in arms and thers technically no details available, USN is one of their sponsors and USN has had so many retracts for having banned substances in their product over the last couple of years, odds are its a USN issue rather than a DG issue. But then again like everyone says he learned to dope in a premier team.

Ill personally wait for some facts before i start slamming him, and if the facts are that he has been doping then roast the hell out of him.

Their is an official press release out... it is fact. And it was for EPO, a little tricky to pick that up through supplement contamination!

I'd agree on you asking the question about Kevin, but Kevin is not one of the guys tweeting who you were commenting on...

better make it a tripple then for letting lividness cloud the issue

Of course there would be a clause like that - that is not my point. My point is that I find it odd that this news gets broken by a sponsor as opossed to CSA, or whoever the governing body is. This statement from Nedbank raises more questions than answers - at least for me that is.

What happens if it turns out to be a Chilliboy/Basson issue - Nedbank ends up looking like knobs. Rather back your rider until all the chips are on the table and if it is clear he is guilty then drop them. Then again they obviously know more than we do so one has to assume that there is no coming back from the finding!

Spot on. That's why it's a suspension.

What a muppet!!! I even asked the question this morning about how often local guys get tested huh.png

I was thinking that as well...

This tweet from Sauser is quite profound

haha very well said! wish that guy never turned to mtb “@RobbieHunter: 15 year time bomb just went bang....”

Wow! If the pro's are talking like that about him then i don't know...such a poephol!

Why is this a MTB vs Roadie Isue? He's a profesional cyclist that used illegal substances to boost his performance.

I know road cycling is physical more demanding whistling.gif , but I can see MTB'ers doping for the excact same reasons.

Edited by Gunzo