Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

this soooooo makes me more mad than the guys actually doping !!!!!!!!!

why did they not speak up at the time ?

So if all these guys beat George and they knew he was juiced, does this mean they were also juiced ? Brings into question a few results !

Agreed - the omerta is strong

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it starts, with the state of cyclings current reputation this could not have come at a worse time.

Really saddend by the news as I was really rooting for these guys all year long.

That is what TUE's are for.

Why should there be a process? This is clearly a contractual issue. If Nedbank had any sense, which I'm sure they do, they would have a term in the contract stipulating what would happen if a rider tested positive. There's nothing more to it.

Of course there would be a clause like that - that is not my point. My point is that I find it odd that this news gets broken by a sponsor as opossed to CSA, or whoever the governing body is. This statement from Nedbank raises more questions than answers - at least for me that is.

What happens if it turns out to be a Chilliboy/Basson issue - Nedbank ends up looking like knobs. Rather back your rider until all the chips are on the table and if it is clear he is guilty then drop them. Then again they obviously know more than we do so one has to assume that there is no coming back from the finding!

So if all these guys beat George and they knew he was juiced, does this mean they were also juiced ? Brings into question a few results !

Well said, if ones doing it I reckon they all are, and why don't they speak up if they knew full well about it.

What you wanted guys that suspected other pro's of being dodgy to put it out there in the press with no evidence? Seriously?

No doubt the pros talk among themselves and have a pretty good idea whose clean and whose not. pretty clear that there was a consensus that DG was in the latter catagory

Of course there would be a clause like that - that is not my point. My point is that I find it odd that this news gets broken by a sponsor as opossed to CSA, or whoever the governing body is. This statement from Nedbank raises more questions than answers - at least for me that is.

What happens if it turns out to be a Chilliboy/Basson issue - Nedbank ends up looking like knobs. Rather back your rider until all the chips are on the table and if it is clear he is guilty then drop them. Then again they obviously know more than we do so one has to assume that there is no coming back from the finding!

Well they are saying they have suspended their sponsorship as opposed to terminating it. This leaves the door open in unlikely event he is absolved.

he is mos a trustfund baby...so he is cool, its the up and coming guys that will suffer.

Wonder what the excuse will be...tampered sample...contaminated tjop....spiked recovery shake

I must say that right now I'm pretty disgusted with DG and to be honest cycling as well. Back in the day everyone raced on Energade and Game and that was all that was out there. Today its a fcking pill for this, a powder for that, all this BULLSH1T that is being forced on us that promise to make you better and faster. As long as its a big container with a recognisable logo and promises of greatness printed on the label, hell, pass me my wallet, ne! Dopers are killing the sport, but with that, I personally am now sommer disgusted with everyone out there that has a full cupboard at home with bottles of protein powders, recovery shakes, high-end low GI sports drinks, pills to help with cramps, creatine, pills to replace this and that, etc etc. "Legal doping". Some of the young guys on the scene these days have legs that CANNOT just come from training, impossible. Mate of mine used to be Junior Springbok cyclist (and rode on local Pro teams) but never looked like the youngsters of today. Don't tell me its just from training. And here I am training and racing the young bucks, with my bottles filled with Oros and Game. Fsck the dopers, kick them out with lifetime bans, but with all the "legal doping" out there - cycling has for a LONG TIME not been a "level playing field" sport. Its not about physical talent anymore, its about who's got the most money to throw at it to buy whatever it takes.

I bet Kevin is really nervous, or really pissed off!!!!!

Yeah, his credibility is at stake.

Was his teammate for a while, after all.

Edited by Puncheur

the saddest part is that loads of youngsters looked up to them as local MTB heroes.

Not just youngsters. I am really disappointed after cheering them on in their Epic rides, and various other races (Sani2c wrong direction). Damn thats annoying, another new mess.