Bike thieves checking us out???

Bianchisti

Greater Manchester Police have warned cyclists that thieves are going on-line to scan forums and social media sites such as Facebook to work out where cyclists live and target expensive bikes they can then steal.

"A combination of posting photos, putting on personal details and descriptions of routes cycled mean thieves can work out addresses where there is likely to be a bike of decent quality.

"We are advising people to be careful about what details they give out on club sites, forums and on Facebook."

http://www.cyclingcy...-news&Itemid=49

Edited by Bianchisti

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been mentioned somewhere else before about the Endomondo (and other apps) that records info such as where people start/finish their rides. (ie. their homes) Best to hide that sort of information from open viewing.

Luckily Strava allows you to "hide" your actual starting point. Only shows the recorded route from about 500 meters from your start and finish point. thumbup1.gif

Let them come.

Three bows

Spyderco knives in each room

Rifle

Two glocks

A three your old that loves my bike

Good luck to anyone that tries to steal my ****

WAYNE YOU ARE STARTING TO SCARE ME, after seeing that bow you posted now this, you the type of guy i need on speed dial if the **** ever hits the fan.

WAYNE YOU ARE STARTING TO SCARE ME, after seeing that bow you posted now this, you the type of guy i need on speed dial if the **** ever hits the fan.

don't forget my history of business. I used to own a crime scene cleaning company.

I know how to make a body and evidence disappear. :ph34r:

Let them come.

Three bows

Spyderco knives in each room

Rifle

Two glocks

A three your old that loves my bike

Good luck to anyone that tries to steal my ****

I have much the same "kit" around me at any one time and more at night.

Bring it on ...

@Wayne, look after your three year old.

I don't rely on anyone to protect me or my loved ones. One of the glocks is my wife's.

There's just something super sexy about a woman that can handle a firearm properly. :wub:

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

don't forget my history of business. I used to own a crime scene cleaning company.

I know how to make a body and evidence disappear. ph34r.png

i was not aware of that, and now i am convinced you a scary guy to get on the wrong side of nuke.gif nuke.gif ph34r.png

At least we now know that bicycle theft is also alive and kicking in the UK, assuming Greater Manchester Police is where I think it is. Global pandemic it seems.