Here is the Youtube video if anyone is interested. Crash is at the 7:28 mark

Amazing trails

Edited by Piston ZA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's the point.  Trail bikes are meant to ride trails.  NOt green corridors. That trail was rough, but by no means in the DH category of things.  

This is what separates brands like Pyga from Spot.  Suck it up, replace, improve.  Not "yes, but..." all the way.

Which is why i asked last week about Canyon rating their bikes for certain usage and other manufacturers dont. I would not be happy with a bike that is built to only with stand X amount of abuse. For me a MTB should be built to with stand almost anything, DH sending is a diff story.

Which is why i asked last week about Canyon rating their bikes for certain usage and other manufacturers dont. I would not be happy with a bike that is built to only with stand X amount of abuse. For me a MTB should be built to with stand almost anything, DH sending is a diff story.

I recall my Cannondale MOTO's also had gradings as to what they are rated for, so this is not something new.

There are enormous stresses involved as an MTB is ridden on properly rough terrain as we know. Their point re suspension set up is valid, but I'm not convinced that in the case of this bike, the set up was so bad that it led to the failure. Its conjecture on their part I think and should have been left out of any public communication. They scored an own goal but redeemed themselves somewhat at the end. 

This Alex guy does fall off quite a bit and isn't the lightest of riders and he could have impact damaged the frame there earlier or even broken it in the crash, although it looks as if it failed as he touched down. 

My old Enduro frame cracked in the BB area. Apparently this is a known fault area on many older carbon frames (not just this bike or brand) which were underbuilt in this area. A smaller brand like this doesn't have the same R and D as bigger brands may well have got the carbon lay up a bit wrong in this area?

There are enormous stresses involved as an MTB is ridden on properly rough terrain as we know. Their point re suspension set up is valid, but I'm not convinced that in the case of this bike, the set up was so bad that it led to the failure. Its conjecture on their part I think and should have been left out of any public communication. They scored an own goal but redeemed themselves somewhat at the end. 

This Alex guy does fall off quite a bit and isn't the lightest of riders and he could have impact damaged the frame there earlier or even broken it in the crash, although it looks as if it failed as he touched down. 

My old Enduro frame cracked in the BB area. Apparently this is a known fault area on many older carbon frames (not just this bike or brand) which were underbuilt in this area. A smaller brand like this doesn't have the same R and D as bigger brands may well have got the carbon lay up a bit wrong in this area?

They mention that he crashed at least 3 times.

He refuses to supply them with the raw camera footage and only the edited stuff

I wonder how they would have approached this if a average Joe said he was J.R.A and the frame snapped ?

But strange that he would not provide the RAW footage ... surely there is nothing to hide .....?

Edited by Hairy

He is also a bit of a drama queen - lay around as if he was half dead while his mates all poked and prodded him... 

Where'd all the loam go in cape town?

tokai used to be nice and loamy, jonkers too, now everywhere you ride it all loose over hard!

I'm having a huge yearning for loam these days where can i get my fix??

Those Pine trees were definitely good for something...

tokai used to be nice and loamy, jonkers too, now everywhere you ride it all loose over hard!

Considering we're in one of the worst droughts in modern CT history I doubt you are going to find loam anywhere in the area.

I had some in Garcia Plantation outside Riversdal on the weekend. Felt like a kid again.