Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

[talking about the Canyon brand as example] I find it funny and sad at the same time that a company has to get a well renowned athlete and possibly win some races so that the general audience notices their products.

They made pretty much the same [good] bikes before having FB and people were reticent, now it's all changing. You do realize that FB would have the same results riding a Decathlon Rockrider with a similiar setup??

I hope no one in particular feels offended, that was not my purpose, sometimes I just feel dissapointed when I see how little logical and how much emotional people are in their choices... :wacko:

That's why a good marketing campaign could have you taste **** and swear it's better than caviar...

</rant>

Cadel Evans won World Champs on a Canyon. They are hardly and unknown brand in Europe.

Guest Omega Man

Waa, just noticed... Nice wheels!

What does it weigh now.. :ph34r:

Sick hey? I'm not sure about the weight. The carbon rims aren't as light as you'd expect. They are 460 grams but they are nice and stiff. The real reasoning behind the purchase are the Chris Kings they are laced too.

BTW. I wouldn't go with the 180mm fork. Not on the bike you getting. 160-170 = winner winner.

Nope, and that's the beauty of them. Bike brands like Canyon and YT Industries work of a direct-to-the-public business model. No greedy LBSers to add on 40%.

That's why both brands can offer well specced bikes for less than one would pay for the components alone. It's almost like you get a frame for free. Makes one really realize what a rip retail prices are.

The downside... both only really cater for Europe. No shipping to SA. But that can be solved with a highly recommended trip to the Alps. Order bike. Fly to Europe. Collect bike. Ride bike in one of the best places on earth (PDS). Fly home with new bike :D

Damn :thumbdown:

Guest Omega Man

Nope, and that's the beauty of them. Bike brands like Canyon and YT Industries work of a direct-to-the-public business model. No greedy LBSers to add on 40%.

That's why both brands can offer well specced bikes for less than one would pay for the components alone. It's almost like you get a frame for free. Makes one really realize what a rip retail prices are.

The downside... both only really cater for Europe. No shipping to SA. But that can be solved with a highly recommended trip to the Alps. Order bike. Fly to Europe. Collect bike. Ride bike in one of the best places on earth (PDS). Fly home with new bike :D

YOU STOLE MY IDEA!

Sick hey? I'm not sure about the weight. The carbon rims aren't as light as you'd expect. They are 460 grams but they are nice and stiff. The real reasoning behind the purchase are the Chris Kings they are laced too.

BTW. I wouldn't go with the 180mm fork. Not on the bike you getting. 160-170 = winner winner.

460g compared to the Mavics, you'll feel the difference for sure!

Wow, so you went carbon with CK.. you'll not need to look at them for a very long time..

Guest Omega Man

460g compared to the Mavics, you'll feel the difference for sure!

Wow, so you went carbon with CK.. you'll not need to look at them for a very long time..

Ja the mavics are quite a lot heavier. I never thought I'd notice a difference but the stiffness is very noticeable. I'm not too sure about the weight. I'm gonna guess and say the bike weighs 17ish now.

But the bzzzzzzzzz from the CK's is the real winner.

And despite what people say the Superstar Trizoid sounds NOTHING like a Chris King. It sounds amazing. but it's not the same.

Edited by Omega Man

[talking about the Canyon brand as example] I find it funny and sad at the same time that a company has to get a well renowned athlete and possibly win some races so that the general audience notices their products.

They made pretty much the same [good] bikes before having FB and people were reticent, now it's all changing. You do realize that FB would have the same results riding a Decathlon Rockrider with a similiar setup??

I hope no one in particular feels offended, that was not my purpose, sometimes I just feel dissapointed when I see how little logical and how much emotional people are in their choices... :wacko:

That's why a good marketing campaign could have you taste **** and swear it's better than caviar...

</rant>

Sounds like a lot of politics, not interested, just thought for that price and specs I would definitely consider it - plus they are good looking! Just sucks being SA with our limited range - we are missing out on a lot of good bikes! :(

Guest Omega Man

Sounds like a lot of politics, not interested, just thought for that price and specs I would definitely consider it - plus they are good looking! Just sucks being SA with our limited range - we are missing out on a lot of good bikes! :(

They used to send to here up until very recently. I think they sold very few bikes so they stopped sending to here.

I've spoken to the guys at YT and they seemed happy to make a plan to get bikes to SA. They did say that the warranty is an issue and you might get bashed on import duties. I also know that they have had supply chain issues so you could end up waiting a long time for your bike. That's YT. Not Canyon.

I just get the free mainland UK delivery to my cousins house in yorkshire,disassemble and break up into a few smaller packages we send ourselves...boils down to parts then :thumbup:

Customs can eat my.... :ph34r:

My Favourites!!!

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9596183/p4pb9596183.jpg

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9596190/p4pb9596190.jpg

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9596197/p4pb9596197.jpg

http://gp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9596205/p4pb9596205.jpg

Sounds like a lot of politics, not interested, just thought for that price and specs I would definitely consider it - plus they are good looking! Just sucks being SA with our limited range - we are missing out on a lot of good bikes! sad.png

Yeah, I'm sure you cand find some friends or relatives in europe that can remove the bill from the box and then forward you the package in SA. This way, you probably won't pay any (other) taxes, either... I had the occasion a couple of times and did this for stuff ordered from the USA.

Edited by utopic