Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://fstatic0.mtb-news.de/f/5h/fh/5hfh8t4r9m2n/original_strive-al-9-race_c1055.jpg?0

Strive is hot :thumbup:

[talking about the Canyon brand as example] I find it funny and sad at the same time that a company has to get a well renowned athlete and possibly win some races so that the general audience notices their products.

They made pretty much the same [good] bikes before having FB and people were reticent, now it's all changing. You do realize that FB would have the same results riding a Decathlon Rockrider with a similiar setup??

I hope no one in particular feels offended, that was not my purpose, sometimes I just feel dissapointed when I see how little logical and how much emotional people are in their choices... :wacko:

That's why a good marketing campaign could have you taste **** and swear it's better than caviar...

</rant>

Edited by utopic

Are there any Canyon distributers in SA??

Nope, and that's the beauty of them. Bike brands like Canyon and YT Industries work of a direct-to-the-public business model. No greedy LBSers to add on 40%.

That's why both brands can offer well specced bikes for less than one would pay for the components alone. It's almost like you get a frame for free. Makes one really realize what a rip retail prices are.

The downside... both only really cater for Europe. No shipping to SA. But that can be solved with a highly recommended trip to the Alps. Order bike. Fly to Europe. Collect bike. Ride bike in one of the best places on earth (PDS). Fly home with new bike :D

[talking about the Canyon brand as example] I find it funny and sad at the same time that a company has to get a well renowned athlete and possibly win some races so that the general audience notices their products.

They made pretty much the same [good] bikes before having FB and people were reticent, now it's all changing. You do realize that FB would have the same results riding a Decathlon Rockrider with a similiar setup??

I hope no one in particular feels offended, that was not my purpose, sometimes I just feel dissapointed when I see how little logical and how much emotional people are in their choices... :wacko:

That's why a good marketing campaign could have you taste **** and swear it's better than caviar...

</rant>

Yeah, I hear you Utopic.

YT did something similar when they signed on Lacondeguy. I'll admit, that although both Canyon and YT had me interested before they signed big names, it did add a sort of "ooh, if HE rides them then they MUST be decent". I did then think that through with the rationalization that pros ride what they're paid to ride. But like you say, it does help the marketing.