• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen this? I am currently riding one of their framesets

http://www.speedercycling.com/Carbon-Road-Disc-Fork-SC-RDF02-_p258.html

I ordered this a week later. 

Shipped 7 May, just collected today.

Speeder guys were amazing from a service standpoint. Following up daily to check if I had received it, and making the process so much easier.

Hardest part was once it landed at JIMC to get it out of jail and to the local SAPO, but that is par for the course.

Thanks guys for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Fm158. 258 wasn't available.

Warranty claim that took 4 weeks. Pretty impressive.

Fm158 Guys, this frame is going up for sale in the classifieds. Full suspension is not for me. L frame with 150km on. Great condition. R7000 Rockshox Rl, headsest and bb incl. Edited by Boerklong

I ordered this a week later. 

Shipped 7 May, just collected today.

Speeder guys were amazing from a service standpoint. Following up daily to check if I had received it, and making the process so much easier.

Hardest part was once it landed at JIMC to get it out of jail and to the local SAPO, but that is par for the course.

Thanks guys for the help.

Please point me in the right direction. Half of my Order from Lynskey is in my shed . The other half disappeared into the JIMC dungeon. Where do I start? 

Please help.

Fm158 Guys, this frame is going up for sale in the classifieds. Full suspension is not for me. L frame with 150km on. Great condition. R7000 Rockshox Rl, headsest and bb incl.

Just curious, but how can you say that after only 150km? Sure it's not the setup that's needing a bit of tuning?

Please point me in the right direction. Half of my Order from Lynskey is in my shed . The other half disappeared into the JIMC dungeon. Where do I start? 

Please help.

Here are the guys i dealt with

Zodwa Mpetshwa

National Control - National Service Centre Dept.

Speed Services Couriers

South African Post Office SOC Limited

8 Rudo Nel Rd.

XPS Building, 1st floor

Jetpark

Tel: +27 12-407 7138

Fax/email: +27 86 566 6751 /  +27 86 688 2536

zodwa.mpetshwa@postoffice.co.za

Henry Mnisi

Operations Manager

Speed Services Couriers

South African Post Office SOC Limited

Landline: (012) 407 7237| Cell: 082 447 6978 | Fax: 086 687 9501

Superhub Building

08 Rudo Nell street | First Floor | Jet Park

Email: henri.mnisi@cfgrp.co.za

SAPO Website: www.postoffice.co.za

JOAN M GOVENDER

Wits Post Office

Cnr Northern Park

way & Roulard Rd

Crownwood Rd

Ormonde

Email:Joan.Govender@postoffice.co.za

Here are the guys i dealt with

Zodwa Mpetshwa

National Control - National Service Centre Dept.

Speed Services Couriers

South African Post Office SOC Limited

8 Rudo Nel Rd.

XPS Building, 1st floor

Jetpark

Tel: +27 12-407 7138

Fax/email: +27 86 566 6751 /  +27 86 688 2536

zodwa.mpetshwa@postoffice.co.za

Henry Mnisi

Operations Manager

Speed Services Couriers

South African Post Office SOC Limited

Landline: (012) 407 7237| Cell: 082 447 6978 | Fax: 086 687 9501

Superhub Building

08 Rudo Nell street | First Floor | Jet Park

Email: henri.mnisi@cfgrp.co.za

SAPO Website: www.postoffice.co.za

JOAN M GOVENDER

Wits Post Office

Cnr Northern Park

way & Roulard Rd

Crownwood Rd

Ormonde

Email:Joan.Govender@postoffice.co.za

Thank you. I will start stat

Just curious, but how can you say that after only 150km? Sure it's not the setup that's needing a bit of tuning?

Went from a Momsen AL529 to a Silverback Sprada 2 and never liked the full suspension.

Got a chinese carbon ht and loved it as soon as I swung my leg over it. Got the opportunity to upgrade to fs again and thought I will give it another go... Just not comfortable on a fs. I really struggle with it, especially on the climbs.

Rear shock pumped to 250psi and I still get 20-25% pedal bob when "locked"

To be honest, setup needed a bit of fine tuning, but I couldn't be bothered as all I can think about while riding is how much better I feel on the ht.

Problem is I need to get my sh!t together as Around The Pot 100miler and Trans Baviaans is just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Im looking at a TT or Aero frame from Hong-Fu Bikes. Bought my road bike from them (Jenny) 10 years ago and its still running like a dream. 

I will troll the thread for advice on below but thought I would ask none the less.

• Any other manufacturers you would recommend?
  • Any decent aero road / TT frames you can share? 
  • What is the import duties costs once it lands? Guessing its about 10 - 20% of the full cost? 

What else should I take into account, its been a while since I bought a bike abroad. 

Thanks 

B

Hi guys,

Im looking at a TT or Aero frame from Hong-Fu Bikes. Bought my road bike from them (Jenny) 10 years ago and its still running like a dream.

I will troll the thread for advice on below but thought I would ask none the less.

• Any other manufacturers you would recommend?
  • Any decent aero road / TT frames you can share?
  • What is the import duties costs once it lands? Guessing its about 10 - 20% of the full cost?

What else should I take into account, its been a while since I bought a bike abroad.

Thanks

B

I cant remember the import duties, but I did ask them to change the invoice for me.

I cracked a Hong-Fu frame (my fault.) The replacement frame was at my post office within 5 weeks. Pretty good service if you ask me.

There should be no import duties on a frame.

When you place the order with the company (Hong fu etc.), there is a small currency conversion fee that all banks charge (around 1,5%).

Then, once the frame arrives in SA, you pay VAT and customs on the purchase amount (total amount - shipping) which equates to roughly 16,5% with current VAT and rates.

• 1 month later...

There should be no import duties on a frame.

When you place the order with the company (Hong fu etc.), there is a small currency conversion fee that all banks charge (around 1,5%).

Then, once the frame arrives in SA, you pay VAT and customs on the purchase amount (total amount - shipping) which equates to roughly 16,5% with current VAT and rates.

So based on this, what does it cost to bring in a road frame?

Hi

Anyone currently dealing with HongFu at the moment?

Been conversing fine up till the end of last week - but heard nothing from them since, even though I have sent a couple follow up mails?

I don't think they are on holiday yet - next one is in September only I think...

G