Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Anyone got any pending orders?  I need a new Thru Bolt.  If anyone has is about to place an order I might just get a couple for spare...

Thanks

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought my first Chinese Carbon bike, decided it needed to be more fun/practical/low maintenance but still be good for race day.

Bought it from Flyxii (FR-216), since the pic, the seat post has been changed to a Matt Carbon, Stem Matt Carbon, Handlebars to 3k weave all supplied by Flyxii.

Riding a 2.3 rear, 2.1 front, thinking i need to go wider up front to add a bit more plushness.

So far, happy :)

post-12440-0-03104600-1478011728_thumb.jpg

Bought my first Chinese Carbon bike, decided it needed to be more fun/practical/low maintenance but still be good for race day.

Bought it from Flyxii (FR-216), since the pic, the seat post has been changed to a Matt Carbon, Stem Matt Carbon, Handlebars to 3k weave all supplied by Flyxii.

Riding a 2.3 rear, 2.1 front, thinking i need to go wider up front to add a bit more plushness.

Good looking bike. Wheight of it?

Good looking bike. Wheight of it?

Actually haven't weighed it.  Will try sometime but it's not really a priority, i know it's lighter than my Scalpel :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is 11.11 on Aliexpress, some great deals so I hear.

Any recommendations? I need 50mm carbon clinchers...

Tomorrow is 11.11 on Aliexpress, some great deals so I hear.

Any recommendations? I need 50mm carbon clinchers...

Not sure how often you shop on Aliexpress?  Earlier this week I looked at items I have bought in the last 6 months and compared the prices to then and now as am considering buying more of the same.  Some items have had their price inflated and are now been offered on sale in the 11:11 at a similar price I bought at 2 months ago (with no sale)!!

I saw frames with the flashing 11/11 red signs in the $345-$380 range. I find it strange though that postage is $85 (R1200). 

post-13716-0-35026900-1478858767_thumb.png

Edited by Cippo

R5k for an aero frame is in my book a bargain!!!

Advice please: I am hoping to build my bike's components over to such frame. everything should be OK, only not sure about BB. I have full 105. Ad says PF30 BB. Will it be compatible?

Man, I like it! all black and beautiful...

R5k for an aero frame is in my book a bargain!!!

Advice please: I am hoping to build my bike's components over to such frame. everything should be OK, only not sure about BB. I have full 105. Ad says PF30 BB. Will it be compatible?

So roughly it would be just under 6k incl vat, duties (15.4%) + R1200 for postage. PF30 is pressfit BB30 so I am sure you can get an adaptor for your GXP crankset. Someone on this forum should be able to advise you.

The BB for Shimano cranks is straight forward. There are 2 ways to do this:

Option 1: BB30 to 24mm (GXP) adapter. The cups press straight into the frame, and the axle is 24mm, the standard Shimano axle size. 

Option 2: BB30 to BSA adapter. The original Shimano threaded cups screw into the first adapter, and sit externally on the frame. 

I prefer the former: it's lighter, only 1 adapter and  looks neater. 

Price is about $35, depending where you buy it from. 

Hi guys, has anyone ordered Carbon Rims? How will I determine what the spoke length will be if I want to order spokes?