Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

100% agree this must brothers bike he has never owned a MTB yet, so i did him honours scourged spares i had laying around as well my good friend Bogus for the carbon repair and he's very own custom spray job to frame and fork that was gifted to me... This is the final product!

Will definitely change to 1x10 soon...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might have been dealt with before but there is just too much material to go through on this thread. Please forgive me? Is anybody riding a frame as displayed in attached pic. It's a fm039 from hongfu. I have been using it for the last 2 months and have had no issues thus far. Who can shed some light on their experiences positive/negative?

Not sure about the road bike, but been riding the Hardtail MTB for a year now and fantastic piece of equipment.  They know what they are doing.  I also purchased a set up up-scaled carbon wheels which I use for all races.  I used them today as well and they handled the wind conditions very well.  I love the way they make the ride so much smoother on our rough roads.  

Anyone looking to get rid of a set of carbon wheels 

must be 11spd campy.

please let me know.

Thanx

i think all chinese shipping service are nearly same, most by EMS to South Africa.

you can try xmcarbonspeed bike company, now there are many frames on promotions, like road, cyclocross and mtb frame. and also have same quality wheels as Farsports(they use same wheels builders).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This thread need a decent search function!!!

Just bought myself a second hand G3 tap and therefore a whole new set of wheels will be replacing my current Aksiums.

Has anyone had any experience with the 45mm light-bicycle U shaped rims? They look like they're the best do-it-all rims out there which is what I'm after.

http://www.light-bicycle.com/45mm-deep-carbon-700C-25mm-wide-road-rim-clincher-U-shape-tubeless-compatible-with-basalt-braking-surface.html

And does anyone know if light-bicycle do a "name brand" road hub?

This thread need a decent search function!!!

Just bought myself a second hand G3 tap and therefore a whole new set of wheels will be replacing my current Aksiums.

Has anyone had any experience with the 45mm light-bicycle U shaped rims? They look like they're the best do-it-all rims out there which is what I'm after.

http://www.light-bicycle.com/45mm-deep-carbon-700C-25mm-wide-road-rim-clincher-U-shape-tubeless-compatible-with-basalt-braking-surface.html

And does anyone know if light-bicycle do a "name brand" road hub?

The website you've linked states Novatec hubs. A further read through seems to reveal they offer DT Swiss too... ?

The website you've linked states Novatec hubs. A further read through seems to reveal they offer DT Swiss too... ?

they offer loads of options, if you chat to them. On the front of the site, for that particular wheel, thehy offer Novatec, Bitex & Powerway, though they have access to DT, etc etc for a special order, AFAIK.

Of course, you could always order the rims and have them built locally with the hubs you want 

Here's the source for the WHEEL build. OP was looking at rim only originally.

http://www.light-bicycle.com/U-shape-45mm-depth-Hand-built-700C-carbon-25mm-wide-clincher-road-bicycle-wheels-for-tubeless-compatible.html

Thanks Guys... Was actually reading a little further down as well and saw that after I posted (Doh!).

Wanting to bring in 2 sets - one wheelset for a mate, and 1 front wheel with rear rim for me.

@Ryan -  My buddy wasn't so keen on the Novatec option (for whatever reason) but a DT350S set would probably be a good bet.

Thanks Guys... Was actually reading a little further down as well and saw that after I posted (Doh!).

Wanting to bring in 2 sets - one wheelset for a mate, and 1 front wheel with rear rim for me.

@Ryan -  My buddy wasn't so keen on the Novatec option (for whatever reason) but a DT350S set would probably be a good bet.

Novatec's are rebranded by a number of 'bigger' brands.

Novatec's are rebranded by a number of 'bigger' brands.

Yeah I know. I'm riding "Chosen" hubs on my MTB (28h straight pull), they're pretty sexy and sound fantastic, and they're similar quality to Novatec apparently. I'd have no issues with going for Novatec

Can anyone confirm these wheels and frames sold here by the likes of darkhorsewheels, blackspaderacing, edge design etc, are they Chinese imports or locally manufactured ?

Can anyone confirm these wheels and frames sold here by the likes of darkhorsewheels, blackspaderacing, edge design etc, are they Chinese imports or locally manufactured ?

To my knowledge those brands you mentioned are all Chinese imports. There are now local guys making carbon hoops that look very nice. I forget their name.

To my knowledge those brands you mentioned are all Chinese imports. There are now local guys making carbon hoops that look very nice. I forget their name.

South industries, and they are damn fine wheels.