• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

af031b969e827b5fb1672524d33ccc83.jpgbbee8b766f3c789bfb19b91e62961e0b.jpg

E13 Shoes for the trusty steed.

These things are impressive!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

That is some serious rubber!

Been following these with interest. How do they stack up?

The packaging is quite solid an compact so you could stack them quite nicely.

After the ride on them I have not found a fault, I usually find things I don't like in tyres pretty quick.

Nice big volume, good width, solid side walls (not quite Super Gravity thick but they have a bullet proof feel to the casing).

I need some more time on them but so far, pretty damn impressive.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Quick question for those on this thread:

Who here uses knee/shin pads on a regular basis and do you have any suggestions for some knee/shin pads that are comfortable to pedal in and where for 2+ hours?

The areas around my knees have taken a few hard knocks the past few weeks and it's a pain having to deal with the injuries.

Who here uses knee/shin pads on a regular basis and do you have any suggestions for some knee/shin pads that are comfortable to pedal in and where for 2+ hours?

The areas around my knees have taken a few hard knocks the past few weeks and it's a pain having to deal with the injuries.

For casual riding the G-shock ones seem popular over extended periods - there was a European lad who wore them on every stage of the epic  - he was fast on the flats and a traffic obstacle on anything that looked technical, but he survived wearing them for long periods.

For enduro - perhaps something more protective - 661  or leatt or similar - not impossible to pedal with, and manageable if you are not in a hurry.

Edited by V12man

I use them about 60% of the time.

The Leatt Airflex knee's and elbows are super comfy even for all day rides.

I've ridden 50km+ rides on them and the knee's don't bother me.

They also offer very good protection, but they're not a DH oriented pad.

Best place I've found to get em is Track Mac in Durbanville/Paarden Island (http://trac-mac.com/store/).

I've also tried on the G Form ones and they were not nearly as comfortable as the Leatt.

Edited by Thermophage

I spent about two years on the 661 Rage kneepads and although they were very comfortable to ride in for extended periods of time, the elastic did eventually stretch to a point where they became unusable.

I now ride with Alpine Star Volcano pads.  They are removable without taking your shoes off, which is a nice feature and they are comfortable, but in hindsight I think they may be more of a DH'er's minimalist kneepad, rather than a trailriders go to kneepad.  I'd rather consider the Paragons.  Friend of mine rides them and he's very happy.

Ixs -  Dagger - I am using a pair and they nice and lite.

Some of the other Ixs pads like the carve and flow

Then I suppose the 661 and leatt ones are also pretty good.

Daggers are the business! I comfortable wear mine for >3hrs and for DH days, but maybe the Flows are even better for long distance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SUPER 3R MIPS-EQUIPPED

bell-super-3r-mips-mtb-helmet-matte-blac

Those are pretty damn expensive, if you buy one locally will it have the crash warranty, ie you get a replacement for 50% off or something to that effect if you get mashed via the head?

Is the Giro Switchblade available anywhere in SA and what is the suggested retail price?

I mailed the distributor for Giro in ZA, they came back to me to say they going to come back to me. That was almost a month ago. Got mine from overseas instead.